Ask
    carmen allende Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 12:20 AM
    Sound
    I don't have a multimedia sound controller
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 22, 2006, 12:26 AM
    Hi Carmen,
    Do you mean your computer has no actual sound card built in or currently installed, or did it simply become unrecognized by your system some how?
    Try going into My Computer/Control Panel/Add Hardware and let the wizard application run a search. If you have one, hopefully this will reinstall it. If you know for sure that you have one and this doesn't work, let us know.
    Good luck. Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

No sound [ 10 Answers ]

I always had sound on my computer before this week. All of a sudden my computer says there are no audio devices. When I go to device mananger it says that "Multimedia Audio Controller" is not installed. I don't have any cds to reinstall the device. How can I fix my problem.

No sound. [ 4 Answers ]

I had to reinstall my operating system, (2000 Prof) and when I did I lost all sound and the wizard says the system has no sound device installed. I have no discs to install the device. What can I do? Gary

Sound? [ 1 Answers ]

Well.HELP! I accidebtally removed the sound device(I guess that`s how you call it) from the programs so I can`t get my windows media player to play!I can`t see any videos or so... HELP PLEASE!

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search