Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barking dog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Neighbors dog barking
    HELP. A neighbors dog is barking and I can't get it to stop. Here's the deal.

I live in NYC. The dog lives in the housing project next to my building. I can see the dog from my window and he's chained up on their 9th floor balcony barking- all the time. I have the address of the building but can't get the apartment number to make an official complaint. I've called the manager of the building -he's never there and whomever answers the phone is rude and won't help. I've called 311 (the city of ny help desk where you can file noise complaints)- they can't do anything without an apartment number. Same with the ASPCA (because I think this is also abusive). Went over to ask the super for help- he was rude and unhelpful. I can see the dog and know the apartment from the outside but don't have the number. We're at a standstill with this but the dog barks all day starting early (5:30am) and into the evening. Any suggestions on getting the dog to stop OR in finding a way to get their apartment number would be much appreciated.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2009, 03:18 PM

I know people in the same situation pretty much and it is frustrating when authority figures refuse to do anything. I wish I had answers but I don't.
    I do know that they ended up being threatened by the police that if they kept calling THEY would get a citation.
    Then they wonder why people take the law into their own hands.

Are there any other neighbors that are bothered by the dog barking?
    Are you sure there is no way to find out the number?
    Is there numbers for the apartments near the door like buzzers with numbers?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 31, 2009, 04:26 PM

Make the complaint against the whole buidling/ apartment manager. Make him figure it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Barking dog [ 9 Answers ]

I have an obnoxious & belligerent neighbour with a doberman that she allows to bark & whine/howl when it is outside. City won't do anything unless they hear it. Very difficult when you live in a townhouse. Is there anything on the market that will work on this problem without being obvious. Any...

De-barking a Dog? [ 98 Answers ]

What can you tell me about de-barking a dog? Can it be reversed?

Dog barking to go outside at 3am [ 13 Answers ]

Hello. We have two 5 year old, female weimaraners. Awesome dogs. However, in the last month or so one of them gets up to go outside every night at around 3:00am. She goes outside before we go to bed and pees. When she goes out at 3am she pees and poops. She'll bark outside our bedroom door and then...

My son scratched a neighbors car. [ 2 Answers ]

My son spent the wknd at my sisters house. While playing with his cousins on their scooters, skateboards and whatnot, my son scratched the driver side door of a 2001 mercedes. The owner came to my sister and complained. How do I handle this. Does his insurance company get a hold of my insurance...

View more questions Search