Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Black Baie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2009, 11:07 PM
    Thining Skin
    I been bleaching my skin, but the more I do it the more veins I see. I am not even talking small veins, all over my body I am seeing veins, what would you recommend?
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 30, 2009, 11:18 PM

I would recommend stop using bleach and use something that's not so harsh on the skin!

I would stop using bleach for a little while, and let your skin recover from the harshness of the chemicals, and find a safer and gentler way to lighten your skin!

Jul 30, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Thanks for the response, but what I use is bioclaire
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 30, 2009, 11:23 PM

Still, if it's thinning your skin, you need to switch to something that won't have such an effect on your epidermis.

Are there other products you have tried? More natural remedies?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2009, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Baie View Post
    I been bleaching my skin, but the more I do it the more veins I see. I am not even talking small veins, all over my body I am seeing veins, what would you recommend?
    What skin bleach are you using? I know that bio claire thins the skin. I think makari does too, it just takes it longer. Because after using it on my arms for a few months, they lightened really well but then on the inner part of both my arms I have these ugly stretch marks on them now. I wonder how I can remove them? But, I figure many skin lighteners will do that.
    eremesu Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 2, 2009, 08:28 PM

The skin cannot actually "thin". Be reasonable people.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2009, 08:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eremesu View Post
    the skin cannot actualy "thin". be reasonable people.
    I believe so, because the more I use it, I begin to see blue veins, the skin bruises easily, and then the stretch marks which comes when the skin is being thinned and stretched. So, when I touch the stretch mark area I notice the skin is much thinner compared to the normal skin. I shouldve never put it on the inner part of my arms if I knew that was going to happen.
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mepk5 View Post
    u got strecth marks also from creams???
    Yep. Do u have them too?
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    yep. do u have them too?
    I got them too. I have used gels that contained steroids, bioclaire and they have given me stretch marks and made my body really soft and flabby. I don't even know what creams to use anymore.
    chocobrownie Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 01:18 PM

2 everyone stop using bio clair!! What is your skin tone like black baie??
    mysterious5 Posts: 50, Reputation: 7

Aug 9, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eremesu View Post
    the skin cannot actualy "thin". be reasonable people.

The skin can definitely thin out. What do you think happens as you get older. Go to a nursing home and look at the patients arms and legs, majority have bruises all over them because as you age your skin thins and makes it more fragile and sensitive. Harmful things,including the sun,break down collogen thus thinning your skin.
    For my ladies, maybe you can try taking a break from lightening and try to rebuild your skin cells up. Try something with retinol. If you can get a precription strength that is even better, remember the longer you use retin a the better the results unlike some of the lightening creams that only work for limited time. I would also try taking in more protein, I'm a nurse and they give my patients that have bed sores and skin breakdowns liquid protein. This helps build collogen for stronger skin. The actual product they use is called prostat and they sell it online just Google it. Or you can just eat a lot of tuna or something. Haha. Good luck girls
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tryin2lighten View Post
    I got them too. I have used gels that contained steroids, bioclaire and they have given me stretch marks and made my body really soft and flabby. I dont even know what creams to use anymore.
    What's the name of the gels you used? I don't know which ones to use anymore either that won't eventually have a negative effect. Even though their ingredients on the label may seem to be fine, you really won't know for sure until you take it to a chemist and have them test it for "hidden" ingredients the companies may not mention. And then people's skin suffer for it in the end.

Aug 9, 2009, 05:25 PM

I stopped lightening my skin and my skin came back, barker yes, but it is stronger
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 05:43 PM
    Mysterious5 does Retin A alone lighten the skin or assist in lightening
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Baie View Post
    I stopped lightening my skin and my skin came back, barker yes, but it is stronger
    So what are your plans now, are you searching for something else or will retire lightening?

Aug 9, 2009, 07:47 PM

I am just going to stop for a while, I am light brown in complexion but the other day my skin was yellow
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Do you mean yellow from the lightening? Well, good luck on which ever route you choose
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 10, 2009, 12:56 AM

Bale your lucky... my mum has used so many skin creams all her life... and not a single bleaching cream though... she has thinning skin... in fact her skins so thin... she has absolutely no flesh beneath . Her forehead just feelslike one layer of skin.. it's that thin.. no jokes...

But funnier part is she still manages to look a lot younger than her 55 years!

Aug 10, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    What's the name of the gels you used? I don't know which ones to use anymore either that won't eventually have a negative effect. Even though their ingredients on the label may seem to be fine, you really won't know for sure until you take it to a chemist and have them test it for "hidden" ingredients the companies may not mention. And then people's skin suffer for it in the end.
    Ive used movate, hot movate, neoprosone, fashion fair. These are all steroids gels and I've used most of them. Ive also used hydroquinone and I don't know if this has caused this damage to my skin as well. I think fair & white gel and gels that contain kojic acid may be safer to use!!

Aug 10, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterious5 View Post
    the skin can definately thin out. what do you think happens as you get older. go to a nursing home and look at the patients arms and legs, majority have bruises all over them because as you age your skin thins and makes it more fragile and sensitive. harmful things,including the sun,break down collogen thus thinning your skin.
    for my ladies, maybe ya'll can try taking a break from lightening and try to rebuild your skin cells up. try something with retinol. if you can get a precription strength that is even better, remember the longer you use retin a the better the results unlike some of the lightening creams that only work for limited time. i would also try taking in more protein, i'm a nurse and they give my patients that have bed sores and skin breakdowns liquid protein. this helps build collogen for stronger skin. the actual product they use is called prostat and they sell it online just google it. or you can just eat alot of tuna or something. haha. good luck girls
    mysterious5, do you know if I can get this prostat on a prescription in the UK? Thank you for this helpful advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lighting - Bio Claire & African Queen MJ Skin Crème [ 7 Answers ]

I started using Bio Claire for 2 months , in the beginning I got lighten like I would say 2 shades. I am Indian, I have light brown - Medium Skin. My skin tone was even and it glowed. I use the Bio Claire all over my body and face. I had started with my body first cause I didn't want my face to...

Is there a cream to promote / increase skin cell exfoliating in middle age (50) skin [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! My skin has really changed since I hit the big "50th birthday. It has become dryer, flakes, thick patches and seems like the dead skin cells don't slough off and just pack into my pores creating hard tiny bumps (sometimes dark color) below the surface and the skin thickens over. My guess is...

Thining hair [ 7 Answers ]

Hello having a problem wit thinning hair and trying to prevent it.what should be done?

Would skin whitening creams make skin that is red (because of blood) look white? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been wearing pants for two years and a jacket for almost a year (no matter what the weather) so I can pale out. My arms and legs though, are embarrassingly red. Apparently, it's increased blood flow to those areas, and it's a genetic trait of Northern Europeans. I want to use whitening...

Hair fall n thining at 21 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my hair started messing up 2 years back when I started swimming.and nw aftr that time they have become thiner and dull Earlir they used to be shinny but now everything is gone.there is a regular loss of hairs Can masturbation be blamed for that As I masturbate daily At least once

View more questions Search