Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maamster Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Baby 6 months & Still No Period...
    I was wondering if anyone has any info that might help me out. I gave birth 6 months ago by C-section because my baby was breech. He was also 5 weeks premature. The placenta was embedded in the wall of my uterus. The OB/GYN said this was due to a procedure I had many years ago called thermal ablation. The dr's had to literally dig out the placenta (like I was a pumpkin being dug out for Halloween). I bled for 11 weeks afterwards, finally going on heavy antibiotics to help stop it as they figured it was due to an infection. I have not had a period since then. I've had a day or two of dark brown blood here and there, that a light day pad was sufficient for, but that's it. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests but they all came up negative. Any ideas?? I will be getting in to see my dr, but not until late next week... I'm getting concerned. Thanks for listening! And any info you may have.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 20, 2006, 09:01 AM
    You do not mention if you are breastfeeding. If you are, then you should have no worries. Many women do not bleed during the duration of breast feeding.

You have an appointment next week. There should be nothing to worry about until that appointment.
    Maamster Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2006, 08:08 PM
    J_9

I saw the Dr. and he informs me that he is unsure why I'm do not have my period yet. I had an ultrasound which showed every normal. I'm not nursing as my baby was premature and did not take to it. It's a bit of a mystery, but he said not to worry about it.

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 30, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Maamster,

If the doc is not concerned, then just let nature take it's course. I have a 4 1/2 year old and I have only had maybe 6 periods since he was born. My doc said the same yours did, bit of a mystery. But Hey, I am not complaining!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lack of Period 6 months after birth of baby [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone has any info that might help me out. I gave birth 6 months ago by C-section because my baby was breech. He was also 5 weeks premature. The placenta was embedded in the wall of my uterus. The OB/GYN said this was due to a procedure I had many years ago called thermal...

JUST had a baby 2 weeks ago and had unprotected sex but I was on my period [ 2 Answers ]

I know I am WAY more likely to get pregnant since I JUSt had a baby 2 weeks ago but I was on my period when we had unprotected sex and I'm still on my period could I still get pregnant?:confused:

No period for 1 yr after baby... Dr has no idea [ 2 Answers ]

I am 32, I gave birth jan 05. I had heavy bleeding up till 7 weeks when the dr performed a DNC, due to having piece of placenta left. Immediately after that I stopped bleeding. I went on the Depo shot for 2 cycles to prevent pregnancy. I was also breastfeeding. I didn't have any bleeding or...

8 months. Old cat, hiding [ 2 Answers ]

My family just purchased an 8 month old Maine Coon cat. He had been living in an apartment with 3 adults, his parents and 2 other cats. He now spends the day under my daughter's bed and at night when we're sleeping, eats and uses the litter box. He lets us pet him when he's under the bed and has...

View more questions Search