Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmaleman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 08:31 AM
    Murray Riding Lawnmower will not start
    Have a murray riding lawn mower can not get to stay running, I emptied the gas tank and the little bowl under carburator. Put new fuel and still will not start. If I put fuel in the carburator it will start but will not keep running. What else can I do?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 26, 2009, 08:58 AM

Hi,
    I hope you realize that you have almost answered your own question. You know the engine runs if you put fuel in the intake, but the carb is not properly doing its job. Cleaning the carb is indicated.
    Others here swear by SeaFoam, and I have heard good things about it. Added to the fuel and allowed to sit in the carb, I have heard that it will slowly dissolve the gunk. I tend to be more straight-forward and just disassemble and clean.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray riding lawnmower will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for some advice on my Murray Lawn mower. I started it the other day and after a few passes it died and now only turns over. Replaced oil, plugs. It appears to only get a spark on one of the plugs. No spark on the other. I removed the air filter and I do get a flame shooting out of...

About murray riding lawnmower [ 5 Answers ]

How do I test the safety switch or bypass it to see if that is what it is.Why would it crank while sitting on it ,but know matter what gear it is in(even neutral) it cuts off ,but if you push in clutch/brake quickly it will stay cranked ?

Murray Riding Lawnmower [ 3 Answers ]

My Question is That my Lawnmower will crank but when you release the clutch/brake it dies! Why would it do this?

Murray riding lawnmower won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I was mowing my lawn and mower was running fine. I shut it off for a moment and when I tried to start it again, I got nothing but a click at the solenoid. It has a brand new battery that has a good charge. Any suggestions? Also, if it is the solenoid, any good sites to find one?

Murray riding lawnmower [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on the belt. Is there a diagram - as I have lost my book -

View more questions Search