Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostboyinbama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 07:54 PM
    How do I decide who I want to live with
    I am a 12 year old boy who was taken to another state by my mom who wanted to punish my dad. I don't want to live with her anymore I want to live with my dad. How do I be able to decide where I want to live. My mom lives in Alabama and my dad lives in Michigan.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2009, 08:18 PM

Well, first you turn 18 then decide where you want to live easy as that. In the mean time talk to your dad and see if he wants you to live with him. If he does then he will have to petition the court to modify the custody order. There really isn't anything you can do until you are an adult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What age can she decide to live with parent? [ 2 Answers ]

My little sister is 16 will be 17 in November ( she is my step sister) she is living with her mother in Georgia, already has been raped, she is not take care of at all, she is doing bad in school , and is scared to death to be in the same house with her step-dad. Now, she has three other brother...

What age can my boy decide to live with me [ 9 Answers ]

My boy of 8 wants to live with me and my future wife. Can he have any say in a court to were he wants to live at a young age. Will the court grant him his wish or not. If not what age can he decide.

Can a child decide where to live just because? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 15 yr. and 13 yr. old boys. Father has told them they can go to court and live with him full time when older son turns 16. We currantly share 50/50 custody. They sleep on a couch at dad's and do not have their own room. They live in a 2 bedroom condo with 7 people. My son's have their...

Age a child can decide where to live [ 25 Answers ]

Does anyone know at what age a child has a say to whom they live with. I was divorced in Massachusettes.

Age at which you can decide who you want to live with. [ 2 Answers ]

I want to go to kent schools to further my education instaed of stow and I will have to partly live with my dad to do so, which I have no problem with. I want to know how old you have to be to decide which parent you want to live with.

View more questions Search