Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tionna Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Children's book 80's
    I've been on a quest to figure out the name of the first book that got me interested in fantasy... Here's what I can remember:
    A boy and girl, possibly prince & princess, are playing in a garden and are told not to leave/go into the forest, of course they do,
    The boy gets captured I think, and the girl has to do several tasks, one involving keeping a fire burning and not leaving it, but she does to get more wood,
    Also there was some task about a silver tear, and it turns out to be her own tear, that she cries because she can't relax and join the moonlady?

Also most likely since that was in my "I heart pink" era the cover must have had some pink on it, hardback, probably not too big, since I was a non-fiction reader at the time and was avoiding fiction mostly.

If anyone can help, I'll be in your debt.

Thanks!
    cookie2000 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 23, 2006, 02:07 PM
    This sounds vaguely like a terry pratchett book I read... did she have to sweep and keep sweeping the same room and it never got clean?? I think it was terry pratchett, could be well off the mark though!
    Tionna Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 03:09 PM
    Well I checked out all of his books and none of them seem right. Also I don't remember any unsweepable room, but that's not to say it wasn't there. Thanks for the input. I really wish I remembered more.
    turpinjack Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
    This book sounds familiar. I wonder if it could have been a George MacDonald story. He wrote several children's books in the fairy tale tradition.
    cecilgrass Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 08:57 AM
    That does sound familiar, but I can't place it. There are some great books published by Lee and Low that you might like. I would say they're some of the <a href="http://www.leeandlow.com">best books for children</a> around.
    cecilgrass Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 08:57 AM
    That does sound familiar, but I can't place it. There are some great books published by Lee and Low that you might like. I would say they're some of the <a href="http://www.leeandlow.com">best books for children</a> around.
    Elbows Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 12:45 PM
    It's the Snow Queen d'oh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 80's or 90's children's fantasy movie [ 20 Answers ]

There is a children's movie that I can't get out of my head. It had something to do with a real little girl who travels through a mirror and encounters a witch. I also think there were some puppets that became her friends. I don't remember too many details because I was really young but I...

80's children's fantasy film [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a film title. All I can remember is that a young girl gets kidnapped from her bedroom by some monsters (puppets) and they carry her through a forest with lots of cobwebs and fog. She is then in a cave with a witch and she sings Silent Night... please help as this is driving me mad!

Need help finding out name of an 80's children's movie [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out the name of a movie that I saw in the 80's when I was a kid. The details are kind of sketchy, but this is what I remember. Children can step through a mirror and it takes them to another land where an evil witch (not the green mole on the nose kind, more like the snow...

80's Children's Movie: The Tractor Monster [ 2 Answers ]

When I was little I remember watching a movie about a monster that lived underneath a lake. The monster turned out to be a tractor that used to move because of some kind of pulley system. I have been trying to remember the name of the movie for about ten years. If anyone remembers anything,...

Children's Book [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a children's book about two little bears named Floppy and Flip. It was one of the books I learned to read with when I was about four years old in 1969. It had a lot of rhyme and rhythym. It was a cute story about the two bears and their adventures while they travel on a plane,...

View more questions Search