Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Krupps Coffee Maker
    Hello:

This isn't about cooking, exactly. It's about my love/hate relationship with my Krupps coffee maker. Now, it should be understood that Krupps manufactured the ovens that killed my ancestors... and they make a damn fine coffee maker...

Now, I KNOW my coffee maker knows that I'm a Jew. It has been burning me ever since I got it... but it makes a damn fine cup of coffee. Did I mention that I live in Seattle? We take our coffee very seriously here. I guess cause there's nothing to do when it rains except drink coffee.

But, back to my Jew hating coffee maker... Sometimes it'll stop keeping the coffee warm. It does this especially when it knows that I want another cup. I think I mentioned what a fine cup of coffee it produces, when it isn't screwing with me...

Should I get rid of it? I kind of like whacking it. Makes me feel like I'm whacking some of those German a-holes...

I think I'll keep it.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2009, 11:24 AM

Obviously the heater element for the burner plate went kaput or the wiring went. If you can still get it to produce piping hot coffee, buy yourself a nice Thermos and put your freshly brewed java in that. I do that myself as I hate to waste electricity keeping the coffee warm. Also, keeping it in a thermos (preferably a Stanley steel guts model) keeps it from getting stale as coffee has a tendency to get old real quick if exposed to the air. My Stanley keeps my coffee piping hot for many happy hours after being brewed. Don't bother with the pre-heating of the thermos. I tried both ways - no preheating and preheating and I found that if I pour the freshly brewed coffee within the first few minutes of being run through the unit the coffee stays just as hot as if I preheated the thermos.

Yeah, keep the naughty machine until it totally stops brewing. If I was closer to Seattle I would volunteer my fixit sonny to take it apart and do a proper diagnostic of the innards of your Krupp to see just what went kaput. He's successfully repaired our Mr. Coffee machines that usually go tits-up in the first year. He has all the proper special screwdrivers, etc. to open them. So you could say he's a seasoned expert coffee machine repairdude.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Are we going there:confused::D

Fey! It's schlock! Get your tuchas off the couch and get a 'Auto Grind and Brew Thermal' from Cuisinart! I have one and it's great!

Then send me some coffee, I love Seattle! And maybe some cheese curds!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jul 22, 2009, 05:30 PM
    Excon, sweetheart, I love you.

I have a Krups. I've never bought anything but Krups. My mother is a survivor and she's the one who told me to buy Krups.

My love/hate relationship with my machine is because of the cup indicator on the side. It's a clear plastic tube with numbers marked on the inside. If you pour the water in too fast (more than a trickle) it'll develop a bubble and you don't know exactly how much water you have in there unless you start tapping the tube to get the bubbles out. The problem is that if you tap it too hard you dislodge the tube a bit and you find a little puddle of water under the machine when the coffee is done. Ggrrrr

As for your problem... my machine has an automatic shutoff that can be set for 1 to 4 hours. Is it possible that you have an auto shutoff and it's set to shut off too soon?
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jul 25, 2009, 10:59 AM

Excon: Dahlia has it right! A cuisinart Automatic with the bean grinder , filter in the water tank, and stailess steel thermal pot. Keeps coffee hot and fresh all day. Maybe Krupps has one with those features. Go shopping online and see. I got mine at penny'si
    kbcabs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 06:21 AM
    Chocklet recipe
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Hello:

Oy vey!

excon
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    Fey! It's schlock! Get your tuchas off the couch and get a 'Auto Grind and Brew Thermal' from Cuisinart!
    Hello Dahlia:

Got me a 10 cupper on the way from Amazon. I can't wait. Anybody want to buy a used Jew hating Krups coffee maker SOB?

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Dahlia:

Got me a 10 cupper on the way from Amazon. I can't wait. Anybody wanna buy a used Jew hatin Krups coffee maker SOB?

excon
    Sure. How much with shipping to 44691?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coffee and tea [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to become healthy I'm eating a healthy balanced diet And I have also joined a gym I've cut down an alcohol and I'm trying to flush toxins out by drinking a lot of water Fi have 2 questions 1. is tea and coffee really bad for you? Is it best to cut it out completely or just cut...

Coffee [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that coffee is fatteing? A friend of mine says that coffee is not fatteing itself but it slows down metabolism and therefore makes u fat. She reckons tea is the opposite (ie. Speeds up metabolism). My other question is this: I don't like the taste of plain milk so I usually put some...

Better than a second cup of coffee! [ 2 Answers ]

Hearing Aid Danger Having lost most of his hearing a number of years ago, this elderly man goes to the doctor to be fitted with hearing aids which promise to allow him to hear 100%. A month later, he returns to the doctor for a check up on his progress. The doctor tells him that his hearing is...

Rewiring 220V coffee maker to 110V [ 4 Answers ]

I want to buy a vintage European coffeemaker with a heating element (220V 50hz) and do whatever is necessary to get it to plug safely into a standard two-prong or three-prong wall outlet here in the USA. I've read some answers here about converting a 220V appliance to 110V, but the answers...

View more questions Search