Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammy76 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Leave early, go to college?
    The past few years I've had emotional strains as well as many other various issues and reasons, so I was wondering if it would be possible to drop out of high school and audition for a performing arts college or conservatorium ( e.g.. Drama or music,dance). If they believed I was good enough could they still let me in without the specified qualifications? Please let me know. Thanks
    cdavison Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2009, 07:03 AM

Where do you live? I ask this as I'm British and maybe things are a bit different if you are not from here and if I answered your question, my help might not be appropriate.
    sammy76 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2009, 07:08 AM

Australia, but I was hoping to go to one overseas
    cdavison Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2009, 07:16 AM

RADA BA degree in acting course ? Auditions and admissions for drama training place at RADA

This is a link for RADA which is one of the best performance schools in the world. I think, generally, most performing arts colleges judge on your ability as there are no academic requirements for being a good performer. Try and just look up the places you are thinking of going to and check what their requirements, there's a good chance that you could be able to do that.

Just thought I'd add that I'd advise staying in school and get some other qualifications, in case the performing arts things doesn't come through you would have something to fall back on. You could just stick out high school and then after that try and find a performing arts place. Also they might have age restrictions so you may not be able to apply till you are 18, but just do a check of entry requirements of places you'd consider going to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On probation as of feb 1st I have question,can I leave state for a college visit ? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: HELP!! OK I've been placed on probation for the next 3 yrs of my life.this is my first offense.I'm 21.I am scheduled to go to Arizona in march for 3 days for college campus visits.I live in ny.What are my chances of getting to leave state?My probation officer said "it's going to be...

Movie title from the early 80's about college men from the 30's or 40's [ 6 Answers ]

It involved several men who had gotten together for a mini-reunion. They had gone to college together sometime in the 1930's or 40's. They had gone out drinking, and they got involved with a "loose" girlfor the evening. I forget the whole plot but I think she ended up getting knocked out by one...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

View more questions Search