Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krazylam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 11:27 AM
    Difficulty of BackTuck and Front Flip
    I am trying to find out what is physically more difficult, a standing back tuck (back flip) or a standing front tuck (front flip). If you answer this question, please answer why.
    lgehner Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Front is more difficult. From coaching gymnastics and being in gymnastics, with very few exceptions, anything forward is more difficult than backward.

To do a standing back tuck, you jump up and your legs, head, etc. give you momentum to go backward. Plus, the bonus of being able to "spot" your landing. 99% of the time I could easily teach someone to do a back tuck in very little time.

To do a front tuck, you must have far more upward momentum because you do not have your legs' weight to help your rotation. You must keep your head in a neutral position, otherwise you end up on the ground, on your face. You cannot see your landing until the last nanosecond. A standing front tuck is rather difficult to teach and learn.

It's all a matter of physics...

Hope this answers your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't know artist or song title (high difficulty!) [ 15 Answers ]

I was shopping at a drug store and this song started playing. The funny thing is it got me thinking about another song I remember hearing a long time ago. Must have been between 1994-1998. The rock and roll tempo and instruments felt very much like Bruce Springsteen, but I don't think he was the...

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

New front doors [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to replace the front doors and hinges without replacing the entire door casing? We are interested in replacing the front doors and are looking for an inexpensive way of doing it. :confused:

Front walkway [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about adding a front walkway, from the sidewalk, straight up through my lawn to my front door. ( Presently, you must walk up the driveway, then left along a walkway to the front door) Question. My front lawn slopes down exactly 25" from from the bottom landing of the front door...

Changed the Flip, but toilet still leaks [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the flaps in my toilet 3 times and the toilet still leaks, giving me the phantom-flush. What am I missing? :confused:

View more questions Search