Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlpmipleze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Biological but not Legal father
    I have a unique case; I am the Biological father and I was ordered to pay Child Support and arrearge of Child Support for over $20,000.00; however I am dealing with 2 different States. In the State of Florida where my son was born I am not even recognized as the Legal father because she was married at the time of Conception and the state that I resided in will not vacate the case agaist me even though the State knows where Florida stands on the matter and where my son was born. The mother knew I was not the Legal father before it even went to court. I have paid all arreage but my Child's mother has not let me see my son in years because she has it both ways; I have no rights as a father and she receives a over 800.00 per month in Child Support and she does not have to let me see my own son. Florida States the case should be abated in never should have gone to Court in where it did because the mother was told that she could not get Child Support from me until the Husband was disproven as the father. Either I am the father or I am not but I cannot even afford another lawyer to fix this nightmare to see my own son in the State of Florida. The mother wrote me an E-Mail "You are just the Biological father you have no right to see your son he has someone he calls dad you do not count." I sure count every month when she get's well over $800.00 per month. It is not fair at all and at this point I am in Debt up to my Eyeballs for a Child I have no legal right to see. Because she was married at the time of Conception. Please advise it is a mess and simply not right.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 02:00 PM

I would think the most simple route to take would be to file for custody. And proceed as if you were the legal father. After it is thrown out then you have a decision by the courts. Take that decision to the court that is requesting you pay child support. Then they will have to answer as to why your paying yet aren't the legal father as it is in a court of law. Then at least you have a standing decision to work with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biological father [ 2 Answers ]

Ok what if you do not know the biological fathers whole first name and last name. And have not seen him since the day you had sex. So he does not know about the baby and you have know way of finding him. Now what do I do if the one I am getting married to wants to be her father. :o

What are the legal rights of a biological aunt to a child that has been abandoned? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom has been taking care of a child that's not hers and needs to know the writes of a biological aunt.

Can a father loose custidy if his not the biological father? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a 5 year old with son with a girl he had a thing with. She loved him and therefor she got pregnant and told him the child was his. She put him trough the ringer cause she wanted to be with and she realized he was never going to be with her she signed her rights to the child away. Her...

Big paternity mess legal father is not bio father [ 29 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up I had a one night stand with my ex. Called my boyfriend the next morning and told him about it. Two months later I found out I was pregnant. We went to the dr. asked the probable conception date and we were sure we slept together that day, but it was always slightly...

Adoption from biological Father to Step Father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: One of my employees has children by her now husband and former husband. Her present husband wants to adopt her two children from her former husband. The biological Father is willing to relinquish his rights. She wants to draw up the papers without an Attorney because of the cost. If...

View more questions Search