Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joxer151 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Old 401k.business closed.no statements
    I also believe that I have an old 401k sitting somewhere from an old employer. The problem is I don't have any statements on it and the corp. has long ago gone under. Is there anywhere that you can search using your name, old address, and employer to find out? Thanks.. Joxer151
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 02:13 PM

There is no single repository for 401(k) plan information, so you will need to do some detective work to find the plan administrator:

1. Call your old boss, or an old colleague, and ask if they know who the plan administrator is.

2. Try searching your state's database of lost financial assets. See: Unclaimed Money Search - Find unclaimed property and lost money

3. Try the National Registry of Unclaimed Retirement Benefits:
    https://www.unclaimedretirementbenef...SearchSSN.aspx
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 20, 2009, 03:06 PM

Or try the Social Security Administration. When you leave a company they are supposed to file with the SSA that you have retirement benefits available. When you file for SS payments they will inform you of these.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business School closed, how do I get records [ 1 Answers ]

Attended a small college in Detroit in 1978/79 but never received a degree. The business closed in 1980's, I have nothing to show that I attended. Employer did search and can not locate anything. What can I do?

Business closed ,401K gone? [ 1 Answers ]

The company my 401K was with closed. I took a loan against it last year. I just received a tax statement with the full amount of the 401K. Where is the balance? If I'm being taxed for the full amount, it has not been rolled over, and $ is due to me? Is there a penalty since I have not paid...

Employer closed business [ 2 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee. So far I have always been paid in full whether working over time or "under" time. However, my boss decided to close the business for a full week at Christmas. He told me I would not be paid for that time (if I had vacation time I could use it). I have researched labor...

401K Statements [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, If I know my 401K trustee and my ex companies EIN how can I get my latest 401K statement online ? Is there any website ? Rayomand

Transcripts from a closed business school [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find my transcripts to a business school that closed?

View more questions Search