Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NewStart04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 11:56 AM
    I know my date of conception but not medically how far along I am.
    Hi I was wondering if you could help me. I know I definitely conceived on the 16th June 2009 and so am wondering, in medical terms, how many weeks I am.

Help would be much appreciated :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 12:20 PM

Count the weeks between June 16th and today - I count 4 weeks tomorrow.

I have no idea what you mean by "in medical terms."

Jul 20, 2009, 12:53 PM

First of all sorry it was June 12th.

Also, it seems to me with pregnant friends of mine that when it has been 3 weeks since their conception they've been classed as their doctor/midwife as 8 weeks, or there about. That's what I meant by medical terms.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Until there is an ultrasound, medical personnel can only use your first day of your last period as weeks of conception to my knowledge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2009, 01:19 PM

Medical professionals "guess" at dates, so if you know for sure, then that is how far along. Most people have no idea when it could be, so the doctors look at ultrasounds, ask about last period and guess at a date
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2009, 07:30 PM

You may be referring to gestational age versus fertilizational age. They can vary by weeks.

Gestational age is what we hear mostly and it is counted from the first day of the last period... and often adjusted a bit after a scan. Fertilizational age is from the time of conception... not necessarily the act of sex that resulted in conception as these could be days apart. Many women will have a general idea of when they likely ovulated but usually won't know exactly unless they had medical assistance.

Aug 4, 2009, 12:13 PM

Thanks very much for your help it came in useful :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Date of conception [ 2 Answers ]

14th October I was scanned and told I was 7 weeks and 2 days. What date did I conceive. I was on the pill so LMP not a real one.

Would like to know my conception date. [ 4 Answers ]

I am 12 weeks pregnant tomorrow(7-3-08), I would like to know when my conception date was because exactly 12 weeks ago puts us at 10 April 08 and my husband was gone until the 21 of April. I know for a fact that I wasn't having sex while he was gone, I'm not a cheating wife. He left on the 6th of...

Conception date [ 1 Answers ]

If my due date is February 10 is there any way to find out the conception date?

Hi! My due date is March 12th can u tell me the date I conceived?

So I went to the doctor and had a sono gram. And she told me I was 3 weeks pregnant, and what I’m trying to figure out is the conception date, does it mean I got pregnant 3 weeks before or sooner than that because of what I’ve been reading if the fetus is 3 weeks than the conception was roughly 2...

View more questions Search