Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PatKennerson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2009, 08:56 AM
    Air conditioning compressor fan won't turn off
    The compressor motor and fan on my outside ac system will not turn off. I have tried switching my thermostat to heat, raising the temperature turning my thermostst to off... the blower inside the ouse will go off but the compressor fan outside stays on. The only way I can turn it off is to flip the main power switch at the electrical box.

HELP!!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2009, 11:36 AM
    Possible stuck contactor,, this is the relay that the wires (both the power and smaller tstat wire is connected to) inside the outside unit

But 1st check the smaller (Tstat wires) for chewed, mangled,or shorted in some way

But I`m guessing the stuck contactor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside air-conditioning unit won't turn on [ 6 Answers ]

Air-conditioning unit on the outside won't come on - fan inside works fine. What would cause the air-conditioning unit not to come on. Thank you.

Amana air conditioning compressor fan runs but compressor does not [ 9 Answers ]

I have an Amana Model RCE30A2B Compressor unit installed it is about 6 years old, the compressor will not cut in when demanded yet the cooling fan for the unit does

Air conditioning compressor (outside unit) not coming on [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to see if I can fix my girlfriends AC unit (if it is an easy fix). The air comes on when you turn on the thermostat, air starts blowing, but it is not cool. Checked the outside unit (compressor) and it was NOT running. No fan, neither pipe was cold or hot, nothing from the outside...

Replace air conditioning compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The compressor has failed on my 1995 Dodge Dakota. I'd like to replace the compressor only, to save on costs. If I replace the compressor without replacing the condenser, will it last a couple of years or is it absolutely imperative that I replace the condenser as well? Thank you!

Air conditioning compressor [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO, Last night my air conditioning compressor stopped working. It will engage, it wants to work but the fan just will not go. It is Sunday 99 degrees and was wondering if there mioght be something I can do to fix this problem? Thank you so much!!

View more questions Search