Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yepitsme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 02:58 AM
    Ex contacted me, it's been over a year
    OK, this is going to be pretty detailed. So I was with this girl for a while, we broke up and have since dated other people. We haven't been in a relationship for over 2 years. I hadn't spoken or heard from her (no email, text, nothing) for over 1 year.

So to my surprise, she called me. (a new number I hadn't given her.. she asked an old mutual friend of ours to get it). Then she visited me 2 days after calling me, saying she wanted to see me because she missed me. She drove over 3 hours to see me. When she was here she said she still loved me, we had sex multiple times, in multiple places. Then she left the next day. It was like a 24 hour dream.

She also said she didn't want to lead me on or anything. Well, since we've broken up there hasn't been much time that goes by without us contacting each other, saying we still love each other etc, That year had been the longest. The day before she called me, I too was thinking about her. I believe we have a solid connection, unmatched by even other partners I've loved, and maybe think she felt my yearning.

She confirmed this by saying I am the best, and she'll always love me, etc, She said she wants to raise my kids. She invited me to go with her traveling. She said she wants to still meet up with me when we're 50, etc, Etc,

My question is multi-parted:

1. why can't she settle down?
    2. will we always meet up annually for a short love affair? (this has been a pattern)
    3. are the lovely things she says simply owed to the heat of the moment?
    4. why am I such a sucker for it?

I've told her before to not contact me, changed my number, etc, But she obviously wanted to! What the hell?
    jmooney527 Posts: 200, Reputation: 83

Jul 17, 2009, 05:53 AM
    1. She doesn't settle down because that's who she is. You can't hope or wait for her to change, because chances are she won't.
    2. That's your choice. Since you're conflicted I would say that NC went down the tubes when you met up for this "love affair". If you want to put yourself through that torture annually then by all means.
    3. Yes they are owed to the heat of the moment. If you have such a "solid connection" why do you only speak once a year? You're getting used for sex buddy!
    4. Because you allow yourself to be a sucker for it. I don't know why after one year of NC you cannot say "NO" on the phone to her. What's the point of changing your number and telling her not to contact you when you cave like a fat kid at a donut shop?

My guess is she has these "love affairs" with more than one person. She seems to get her rocks off traveling places, bumping uglies with exes, tugging on their heart strings, and leaving.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 17, 2009, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yepitsme View Post
    That's just who she is. Accept it or move on.

2. will we always meet up annually for a short love affair? (this has been a pattern)
    Sounds like that's what she wants. So if you're OK with it, then play her little games. Otherwise, stand up for yourself and refuse her.

When she says she "loves" you, take it with a grain of salt. You're over-analysing every word that she says. You can't take it so seriously because she's obviously not entirely serious when she says it.

4. why am i such a sucker for it?
    Only you can answer that. But my guess is that you have low self-esteem and low self confidence. You're going to have to work on that yourself. But if you need, go seek professional help such as a therapist or counsellor.

ive told her before to not contact me, changed my number, etc,. but she obviously wanted to! what the hell?
    When you pick up and you hear her voice. If you don't want to hear from her, then tell her you're busy and hang up. You're the one allowing her to play these mind games on you by staying on the phone. If she wants to visit, tell her you're busy and you have no time for her.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 06:46 AM

Sex is fine and dandy when there aren't any attachments. Quit giving her sex and then find out who she really is and how bad she really wants you. You want a clearer picture, then you shut your legs and think with your other head!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2009, 09:16 AM
    1. Why can't she settle down?
    Doesn't want to. why should she if she is doing what she wants?
    Until she settles down with someone.
    Of course they are, DUH!!!!!!
    Cause it feels good at the time.
    Ive told her before to not contact me, changed my number, etc, But she obviously wanted to! What the hell?
    She's the boss!!! DUH, again.

Jul 17, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Ha. Everyone's right. It does feel good at the time. That's the problem. I've even cheated on other partners to ---- her. I guess ill get some counseling. Thanks everyone!
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jul 17, 2009, 12:30 PM
    The thing that strikes me is after a year she drives 3 hours to have sex with you multiple time. Sure, I too would like to think I was that good but I'd wager she's done this with others.

Also, the fact that you have no problem meeting up with her after a year and boing the business shows, to her at least, that your there whenever, wherever. I know the initial reaction would be to feel that good old "i'm the man" feeling, but I can't help but think she's the one in control.

Jul 17, 2009, 12:34 PM
    BMI - maybe I truly don't care and am OK with just sex. I just wish I could have it more often. It really is the best I've ever had. When with other women, I always feel like there's something missing. I don't want to settle down with a woman I'm not fully interested in because I know that'd be unfair. I guess I'll just wait for someone just as or more spectacular but I tell you - the bar has been set very high!
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jul 17, 2009, 12:38 PM

Than by all means my man - fire away.

Although if that were all you cared about than what's the question?

Just think about what everyone here has said, these guys/girls have wisdom and experience that can get you to the right answer regardless of your situation. Heck, they can even see things you cannot, at times it's eerie. Once you find out what you want you'll be able to adjust accordingly.

Best of luck man.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 02:05 PM

You already knew the answers to the questions you posted and maybe you should have asked her just for fun.

The thing that was odd to me was that you said "she will gladly continue doing what she is doing even when your 50". Didn't bells go off in your heads?

Then you cheat on any female your with just because she comes along. Then you say you and her have a connection--where? I just see the two of you connecting on a sexual level, nothing more.

Next time she shows out at your door it isn't hard to close to it. Or you can continue the way the things are and keep fooling yourself by saying you really don't care and your all about the sex.
    dealmein Posts: 54, Reputation: 9

Jul 17, 2009, 07:18 PM

1. She's having fun with her life and YOU no matter what she says are part of that fun. She will never even think about settling down with you unless you be a man and stop thinking about your member. Lay it down straight next time. Being in Love is not about sex.

2. She comes back because she's addicted to the excitement. The passion, the spontaneity, the sex.

3. She covers up her need for passion by putting a romantic notion on it. "we'll meet up when we're 50" Just like the movies. But like the movies this has no correlation to real life.

4. Looking at your love of sex with this girl it seems pretty obvious why you'd be sucked in. She might be good but her heads in the clouds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contacted ex after several years-what now [ 27 Answers ]

I can't get a person I dated several years ago out of my mind. I've dated quite a bit, even seriously, since then, and I lead a fairly busy lifestyle with enough friends, etc. Is there something wrong with me? Am I just obsessive or is there something to this? I contacted him recently and he...

Ex contacted me after 5 months. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Okay, first off, if you don't already know, my ex broke up with me in the beginning of February. We tried to remain friends afterwards, but after a fight we had, she told me I lived too far for us to remain friends. That's when we officially started NC. After such, I...

My Ex contacted me [ 9 Answers ]

My Story: I'm 21 my ex was 18 I dated this girl for about one and a half years, and then all of a sudden she wanted a break, I took it like it was a break up but she messaged me saying she still loved me it was only to help her think and find herself again (she has always had problems with...

Ex contacted me after 3 months.WHY! [ 6 Answers ]

My ex broke up with me last July and hooked up with someone shortly thereafter. September was when I last spoke to her we both said some pretty hurtful things and she called and said she never wanted to hear from me again. So that’s what happened I did not contact her at all. Today she emails me...

My ex contacted me after 2 months... [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone I have not posted in a couple of months- I posted one when me and him first broke up, one when we tried a break and one when it was over and one on dating new guys. Anyhow, its been a while. Me and my ex were together for 2 years and he was my first true love and I have been having...

View more questions Search