Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    builder Phil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Grohe master bath tub faucet leaks at the diverter
    We have a Grohe faucet in the master bath tub. There is a knob you pull on the faucet to redirect the water to the hand sprayer. All of sudden, now the water leaks out around the knob when it is is the "down" position (water supposed to go to faucet). If you pull it up, sending the water to the hand sprayer, it stops leaking. I opened the access door to the tub motor and confirmed that no water is leaking from the bottom of the faucet. Have you ever seen this before? Is there something I can adjust, I did try to tighten the knob, but that had no effect.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Hi Phil...

Remove the knob/handle and look under it... see if there is a packing nut that has loosened and simply needs to be re-tightened... or perhaps an oring/seal needs to be replaced... not so easy here, but see what you find first.

Let me know if that resolved it.

Thanks...

MARK
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 05:26 PM

Is it diverter spout or simply a dedicated diverter knob that leaks ?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Milo... I think I misread this... I'm thinking tub spout diverter now, too! Oring issues... may need to replace the spout.

I believe, however, that you have more experience than me with Grohe products so I'll pop back to see what you think here... Thanks.
    prkolbe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 11:52 AM
    I've got a Grohe Kensington Bathtub faucet that spouts water from around the diverter handle (up, water goes to sprayer, down, water comes from bath spout. If held up, the sprayer works. But when in down position, water cascades from around the diverter. Sounds like same problem noted above. Any advice?
    clockguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 07:01 AM

I have a kithen faucet{grohe,W Germany} It drips unless I turn it off very tight. How do I get the handles off to repair it? The valves go into the spout at a 45 degree angle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low flow Grohe Ladylux faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know how to get the screen out of the pull out handle of my Ladylux (not cafe) kitchen faucet. Water flow is 1 gal/min (hot and cold) and I understand that it should be 2.2 gal/min ,

Low flow in Grohe Ladylux faucet [ 2 Answers ]

The supply flow is great. The flow is low even with the spray head off. The hose coupler is OK according to Grohe and the flow is low with the coupler off. Therefore, the problem should be in the cartridge area. Any experience repairing these faucets?

Bath tub faucet leaks only when shower is turned on [ 6 Answers ]

Our bath tub faucet leaks only when the shower is turned on, and leaks inside the faucet to the shower wall. We replaced the faucet twice, and still had the leak. What can we do to stop the leak?

Adding master bath to 1 bath home [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to add a master suite and bathroom to a 2 bed 1 bath slab home. The existing bath is behind a wall adjacent to the space where I will add the bath. My main concern is how I tie into the drain lines. I assume I will have to chip the slab or is there a way to elevate the toilets and tie...

View more questions Search