Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marciemarc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 09:17 AM
    Anal fissure
    I have an anal fissure and was wondering if there was any foods that might help with that
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 16, 2009, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marciemarc View Post
    i have an anal fissure and was wondering if there was any foods that might help with that
    You are astute in asking what foods might help your condition, several actually, but what you don't want are loose bowel movements which can irritate this fissure.

Metamucil will aid in bulking up your bowel movements, which in fact, takes care of the list of foods that will aid you. Arranging your diet around this condition is quite difficult. For instance, discontinue citrus fruits, no alcohol, no coffee (herbal teas are good), no milk products (but cheese is okay).

Good hygiene is helpful until the fissure heals, and absolutely no talc near the area or any medicants unless authorized by your physician.

Good luck

Tick
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 17, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Constipation can cause and aggravate this condition so drink lots of water and eat foods with plenty of fibre.
    Billoflaureal Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2009, 06:29 PM

I agree with earl237. Constipation will make it hurt and aggravate it too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to heal anal fissure? [ 49 Answers ]

I understand that fissures in this area can take weeks to heal, but every time defecation occurs, the old wound is opened again. The only way to avoid reopening the wound is to not defecate and not eat, but it's impossible to avoid eating for weeks. Does anyone know if there anything that can be...

Anal sex? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok im not being disgusting or gross, im jus curious ok? U no wen ppl do anal sex does it hurt for the girl, and here's the gross part, doesn't shit cum out or summin out of the ass? Or can't the guy feel the shit wen the guy's ting is inside? Im so confused,?

Anal sex [ 31 Answers ]

Why my husbend ask for anal sex all time

Anal Sex [ 37 Answers ]

My boyfriend loves anal sex with me, I am not quite the same. SOMETIMES I am in the mood for it, but usually I just want to have vaginal sex. Does anyone here like anal sex or no?? Any tips on enjoying it more?! I really want to do it more because my boyfriend LOVES it.

View more questions Search