Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebozeman70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 06:24 PM
    I am a salary worker and I would like to know if my pay can be doc
    I am a supervisor at this company and I am paid by salary. And I attended a funeral, I was paid for three days that I was gone. My job says I was 32 hours short so they deducted money from my check. My question is can money be deducted from your check if you are not a hourly paid worker and you get paid by salary?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 06:33 PM
    That depends on your company's policies. If there is a contract in place, then the contract stipulates whether money can be deducted from your check. If there is no contract, then your company needs to clarify what does and does not qualify as paid leave. If a funeral is not considered grounds for paid leave, then they can dock your pay. These are the sorts of things that need to be addressed in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2009, 07:19 PM

What pay was deducted, I know on my pay, the funeral pay would be deducted but then the funeral pay would be added back in.
    STG Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jul 24, 2009, 08:52 PM

What is your pay period?

Weekly? Monthly? Bi-Weekly?

If you're salaried and work a single MINUTE of your pay period, then you must receive the full salary. If you do not, then you're hourly... and entitled to overtime pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary worker docked for missed time, but not paid overtime [ 5 Answers ]

We just had a corporate company take over the dental office I work for. I was given the position of manager with a salary. They gave me an hourly wage increase to adjust for the overtime and bonus we were losing. I have over 30 hours of overtime not paid in the past 4 weeks. When I took 2 days...

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

Co worker [ 6 Answers ]

Co worker is telling lies, accusing me things that I am not doing. In general just trying to start crap because this person has a hatred of me. There have been comments and other things that were said about me or even too me. My way of dealing with this is to ignore and just concern myself with...

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

View more questions Search