Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flyfishermn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 04:19 PM
    Bravada dies at light, sometimes while driving under 40mph
    My 97 bravada sometimes dies while at a light also has died while driving usually under 40mph. Both times it tried to start again... sputtered and went out again. Always restarts though. Just had a trany service done(the valves). What is it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 04:24 PM

Don't know if this will help but my Cavalier SW years ago would do this and I had the mechanic try and diagnose the problem to no avail until the part actually quit working altogether. What part was that you ask? The coil. Once that part was changed out the car worked just dandy. Hope that's your solution. I would have to be towed if the motor was hot but if I let the car cool down it would restart.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 04:29 PM

. Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM):

AutoZone.com | Vehicle Selection | Year

. Replace the coil:

AutoZone.com | Vehicle Selection | Year

The ICM is the most likely culprit.

. Replace platinum spark plugs (ACDelco only), if they have more than 40,000 miles on them.
    flyfishermn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 05:32 PM

Lights, radio all work... still icm?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car dies while driving [ 20 Answers ]

I have no clue what is wrong with my car. I will be driving and it will just shut off. Everything except the radio and lights will stay on. I can restart the car. Yesterday I had to get a new battery because it would not start at all so I thought that might have been the problem, but last...

94 Integra dies while driving [ 10 Answers ]

I been having problems with my car, when I start it, it turns off as soon as the rpms drop, so I have to rev it to keep it on, and also when I'm driving and I put it in neutral, as soon as the rpms drop, it turns off, I've changed the fuel filter but no results, any help?

Car dies when driving [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1990 mitsubishi galant and it dies all the time... I have tested the battry and the alternator and they both test good... also I did replace the computer when I first bought the car... any one have any in sight on what the problem could be

95 dodge caravan dies while driving [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 95 dodge caravan that dies while I'm driving it. It doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't matter if I have my lights and heater on or if I just start it up in the morning it just dies. Also some mornings when I start it it starts right up and other mornings is starts and then...

Car dies while driving. [ 1 Answers ]

My car is a 1994 Camaro Z28 it has 79,643 miles on it. Bought it yesterday, was driving it, put about 3 and a half miles and while rolling (about 45-50 mph) the engine shut off the lights, radio were still on. I tried starting it back up and it wouldn't even turn over. Tried jumping it and it held...

View more questions Search