Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Jul 15, 2009, 08:53 AM
    1998 Honda Accord Hub and Bearing
    How do I change the Hub and Bearing on a 1998 Honda Accord? If there isn't anyone who knows, can I be given a link to place that might know, or a source that could lend me more information on the subject?

Thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 09:15 AM

It will similar to the same procedures I wrote up below :

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1653648

Replacing rear wheel bearings/hubs are super simple.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1691894

Obviously, torque specs will vary. I'd suggest that you buy an inexpensive Haynes Manual from eBay.
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Jul 15, 2009, 09:58 AM

Are the instructions for the Accord the same as the Ford Taurus? Are there any differences that I should be aware of?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2009, 10:21 AM

The rear should be the same, but the front will differ somewhat. On the front, you will likely need a special tool and press to separate the hub from the knuckle. You will also need a ball joint remover. Without a manual and special tools, you should have the front professionally done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Honda accord ex [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 98 accord ex that all of a sudden just wouldn't crank.I have checked the voltage at battery when trying to turn engine and the voltage is unaffected by it.the lights are good and bright and when you try to start engine the lights don't get weak.the starter does not make any noise when...

1998 Honda Accord, V-6, 3.0 [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes car will start, sometime not. We have replaced main relay and problem still persists. Saw this as question but did not see an answer. Did anyone ever figure this out?

1998 honda accord ex [ 3 Answers ]

I just put in a new engien in my 1998 honda accord but something is just not right I need help!!

1998 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: got a problem my 98' Honda Accord 4 door drivers side door won't from inside or outside can someone help please?

1998 honda accord won't start. [ 0 Answers ]

I need some help. My car ran out of gas two weeks ago and hasn't started since. I put more gas in the tank and when I tried to fire it up it wouldn't start. I thought that it might be the fuel system, e.g. fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, but after running some simple diagnostics, decided to...

View more questions Search