Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniel kaya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2009, 05:49 AM
    My puppy's wound has refused to heal.
    My puppy is an African breed; it is four months old. I brought it when it had a wound on its head and also some minor wounds on its legs but the ones on the legs are long gone yet the one on the head has persisted. It becomes red and then oozes with pus occasionally. I called my vet and he gave it an injection and I am also giving it some drops on the wound of a drug given to me by the same vet. He told me that the wound on the puppy's head is a viral infection and if the treatment he has prescribed and administered does not work, he is going to do surgery or cut on the wound.
    Will that solve the problem or that wound will never heal for the rest of its life, am concerned.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 05:54 AM

Sounds like your pup has an infection. Nothing wrong with taking it to another vet for a second opinion.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 06:26 AM

I personally would get a second opinion... I've never heard of doing surgery on a wound on an animals skull unless it was decaying skin tissue. The wound could have gotten infected yes.. and the shot might have been a rabies shot or a shot of antibiotics.. The wound its self should heal.. there may be scare tissue.. actually there will most likely be scar tissue... If it gets too infected and it is not regularly cleaned it can get more infected and the animal could have to be put down... An example of this would be what happened to my grandmothers cat.. her cat got out of the house in the mountain ranges here, stepped in an inhumane trap, cut it up very badly.. we couldn't find the poor cat for weeks until one day I came across him laying in the grass in the field back in the woods... his cuts had gotten so infected that gangreen set in and infection had spread through his whole body.. his limbs couldn't be saved and sadly in the end he could not be saved.. If we had found him sooner and kept his cuts clean he would have made it.. What kind of dog is this? You say it is an african breed but is it a domestic breed of dog or is it a wild species of dog? I myself own a Wild Species of dog (genetically he is not related to any domestic breed of dog and is related to the Australian Dingo only) he is a pariah type dog... And his immune system is Much different then a normal dogs so we have to be careful with what we give him
    merilyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 02:57 AM
    Hi, how is your dog now? I just registered to answer your question.

I had the similar problem with my own dog, his wound didn't heal for more than 3 months until one day one of my doctor friend gave me one of his own liquid mix, my dog's wound started to heal in 2 days ,no more swell, no more yellow or green discharge ,and totally healed in a week.
    I have half of bottle left and I don't need it anymore, if you would like to try it, I can send it to you for free.
    I am not trying to sell or promoting anything, it's not a product you can find in the market place. I am just so glad my dog is recovered and would like to help your dog.
    You can email me or send me a pm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I heal my wound? [ 28 Answers ]

Hi all of you Before posting this I read some of the older posts here in this forum and I really found myself.I'm just going over the same situation.ill just summarize my story. I am 24.I left my country 7 months ago. And there I left the person I loved more in my life and to be honest I...

Cat w/ very smelly wound! [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, in the past year my indoor/outdoor cat, Pansy, has had 3 absesses (sp?). The first one we took him to the vet and took home antibiotics. The last two we took care of ourselves and they healed just fine. But tonight he came in and smelled awful. I thought maybe he stepped in sh*t or...

Wound cleaner? [ 11 Answers ]

I've injured my knee:( is there any wound cleaner liquid anybody knows to clean wound without burning sense. Because I knew some wound cleaner but they all give burning sense. Let me know as soon as possible.

Help! My daschund refused to shower and refused to be carried. [ 3 Answers ]

Help! Help!I am having 2 major problems with my male long hair red daschund:- 1. He refuses to shower - every time he hears and sees me preparing his shower stuff, he will run and hide. I try coaxing him wz treats but that didn't help. He will growl and snap at whoever goes near him. 2, My...

View more questions Search