Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pancrads Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2006, 04:22 AM
    Computer networking
    How do I connect two computers via ethernet for file sharing?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 17, 2006, 04:39 AM
    This thread covers most things well.
    capriq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2006, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pancrads
    How do I connect two computers via ethernet for file sharing?
    Make a cross-over cable and connect the computers via ethernet port. Then share the folders u want to share. Now start accessing the files from the other computer.

Regards
    Arun
    gmboyles Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Oct 19, 2006, 06:41 PM
    A router is your best bet here. Just power up the router, connect both computers via your ethernet cables and off you go. A router shouldn't need any configuration to work and the ethernet is identified as plug-n-play by windows ME, Xp, etc..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Hello People. I have a problem where I have a speed touch modem and a belkin wireless g router. As its not got a wireless card in PC I used an rj45 to the back and it works wonderful. As you know its designed for wireless and I want to be able to connect my laptop via wireless internet connections....

Networking [ 2 Answers ]

How to connct two PC without any hub? And I don't want to make a server because if I want to use the other I need to make the other PC on. Is there any other solution? And I'm having only one modem.

Networking [ 5 Answers ]

I have alaptop connected to my desktop with a ethernet cable. The destop can access files from the laptop but no traffic the other way. I have now connected the laptop to another desktop and it works fine both ways. I have tried lots of things like taking off all firewalls, permisions etc. The...

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Kindly tell about networking, I want to connect sevens PCS with anothers through IPs. One of them is server with windows 2000 family server, switch and remaining six are clients.

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Describe how you would go about setting up a "star" networkof 5 machines and discuss what would be better and why having one machine as a file server or no file server.

View more questions Search