Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bauer23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 03:49 PM
    2 year old ceiling fan with halogen 120 v 100 w bulb burns out
    I have a 2 year old ceiling fan in my home, 20 ft ceiling. It has 4 small bulbs on the top, and then 1 halogen 120v 120w bulb in the bottom.

It has worked fine for 2 years, and the bottom light died a couple of months ago. I hired a technician to come and replace the light for me. He did, and it worked while he was here. I left to run some errands and when I came back, the bottom light (halogen) was burned out again.

There are two switches on the wall that run it, and it was all wired by the builder (Classic Homes). The fan works, and the top lights work, as well.

How do I tell if there is a short or should I hope that it was just a 'bad bulb' and replace it again?

Thanks...
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2009, 12:52 AM

Do you know the make of the fan?

Make sure you get the correct replacement bulb.

I can't think of anything in a fan that would cause a bulb to blow, unless your fan shakes noticeably.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Halogen bulb in Hampton Bay product [ 5 Answers ]

I have a ceiling mounted Hampton Bay product with one T3 halogen bulb and four spots. I cannot remove the burned out T3 to replace it. Any suggestions?

Harbor Breeze halogen bulb [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to order the original style ceramic base halogen bulb for these fans. It is a two wire loop ceramic base c6 style halogen bulb, a standard c6 seems to work OK but I was concerned the OE bulbs had the ceramic base for a reason.

Need to remove casing to replace halogen bulb [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a HARBOR BREEZE 69" inch AIRSPAN ceiling fan and when it was installed, apparently the bulb casing in the center was tightened so that I am unable to remove it to replace the bulb. But atleast the fan part works. Also I have a HUNTER 52" BERKELEY ceiling fan as well and apparently, a...

3-way bulb burns out and trips breaker? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a burnt 3-way bulb fail and trip the breaker? I was away on vacation with a timer on the light in question and when I came home the breaker that powers the circuit was dead and the 3-way bulb was burnt out. I replaced the bulb and all is fine now.

View more questions Search