Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jul 14, 2009, 04:23 AM
    Filing fiancee/spousal visa from US while working abroad with contract
    The petitioner is from the US and petitioning the one originally from the Philippines working outside her country. Is this possible?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jul 14, 2009, 07:22 AM

US citizens are allowed to petition for a fiancée. the visa interview can be done as a TCN depending on the immigration status of the beneficiary in the third country and the consulate accepting TCN cases.

Call the consulate.

Jul 15, 2009, 01:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DCcityboy View Post
    US citizens are allowed to petition for a fiancee. the visa interview can be done as a TCN depending on the immigration status of the beneficiary in the third country and the consulate accepting TCN cases.

call the consulate.
    The one that will be petitioned is a 3 year contract employee outside the Philippines. What's TCN?

Jul 15, 2009, 08:56 AM

Again, it doesn't matter what her employment is outside the US, why do you think it is relevant? Is she not going to enter the US for three years?

TCN is "third country national". She is Filipino and not a USC or a national of the country she is working in, so to AMCON she is a TCN.

Jul 15, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DCcityboy View Post
    Again, it doesn't matter what her employment is outside the US, why do you think it is relevant? Is she not going to enter the US for three years?

If you will process spousal visa in The Philippines, it will take 1 1/2 years. If you do it abroad, that we don't know. Yes, concern is, the Filipino national that has commitment outside country upon or while on the process of obtaining visa approval may not respond to the US Embassy requirements in a given time and may not enter in the US within 3 yrs.

Is it also possible to continue the say, half completed requirements when she returns in the Philippines?

Jul 16, 2009, 06:53 AM

You can start the process at any AMCOM she is eligible to apply at as a TCN, but it is not usual to "transfer" IV consular processing.

Jul 18, 2009, 04:59 AM

Thank you so much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spouse on L2 visa not working, do I required SSN for Tax filing [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US on L1 visa. My wife and daughter are living with me. Both are having L2 visa. My wife is not working. I have question about tax filing. While tax filing which filing status I need to select. Also, I don't have SSN for either. When I start filing online, it ask me SSN of my wife....

Spousal abandonment abroad, [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my friend, the wife, gave birth to a daughter last year. She and her husband went on a trip to their country, where his family seems to have created a lot of problems between them, and he left promising to return two months later, while she continued her vacation. By the time she realized that...

First time 1040 / 2555 filing by RESident Alien working abroad [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax Expert, I must congratulate you for providing a clear and prompt advice and therefore decided to ask my longish question. Sorry for that. Here it goes: Myself (employed with a foreign corporation in UAE) and my wife ( not employed but having self employed income in UAE)....

First time 1040 / 2555 filing by RESident Alien working abroad [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax Expert, I must congratulate you for providing a clear and prompt advice and therefore decided to ask my longish question. Sorry for that. Here it goes: Myself (employed with a foreign corporation in UAE) and my wife ( not employed but having self employed income in UAE)....

How long does filing for a working visa take [ 1 Answers ]

How long will it take to get a visa so he can work? We haven't filed for anything yet. Can someone who is fimiliar with immigration laws please respond. By the way my husband has a ITIN

View more questions Search