Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaseEngle Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Home schooling Fail I was given up on
    My parrents tried to home school me but they got tired of it and that was it for me I mad it to the 6th grade and now that I'm 19 I realywant to get my ged and go to collage and start my life but I need help :/ I've been looking for almost a year now and I can't find anything that I can afforde and make time for
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 08:46 PM

Why bother with college? It would take years to get a GED. Check into vocational training. Plumbers and electricians and mechanics (the "trades") do very well. If you make it through college, you will end up in an office shuffling papers.

Jul 12, 2009, 08:58 PM

Yea I'm realing shooting for the army I want to join as a firefighter
    GoArmy.com > Careers & Jobs > Firefighter (21M) I just need my ged

Jul 12, 2009, 09:12 PM

I'm just having such a hard time with trying to get help I've tried to help myself but I can't get math worth a crap:/
    And my family doesn't care enough to help me
    Right now I'm working 40hours a week part time at a state park doing any type of maintenance you can think of pluming, electrical, small engine repair, landscaping, ETC ETC I'm good with my hands and I'm a very hard worker and I was always kind of shooting for a trade school and what not but recentley I
    Stopped to help a women who had been in a car accident
    I was told had I not been there she whould have died and that's when I relised I wanted to help people
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DaseEngle View Post
    im just haveing such a hard time with trying to get help ive tryed to help myself but i can't get math worth a crap:/
    and my family dosent care enough to help me
    right now im working 40hours a week part time at a state park doing any type of maintenance you can think of pluming, electrical, small engine repair, landscaping, ETC ETC im good with my hands and im a very hard worker and i was always kinda shooting for a trade school and what not but recentley i
    stoped to help a women who had been in a car accident
    i was told had i not been there she whould have died and thats wen i relised i wanted to help people
    Forget the Army. Just become a firefighter? Or is a GED necessary?

Where do you live? You need a tutor.

Jul 13, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Huntsville Alabama and I need my ged for it lol

Jul 13, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Huntsville Alabama and I need my ged for it lol
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 02:47 PM

Hey hon.

At 19 you are still young enough for job corps. They can give you a place to stay, feed you, an allowance, and they will get you a GED while you train in a vocation/trade.

Job Corps Center Locations

Jul 14, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Wow thanks that's going to help me I'm going to look into it a bit more but I think that's just what I need :) thank you so much for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home schooling bad? [ 8 Answers ]

Is home schooling a bad thing?

Home Schooling At 14 In The UK [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I really hate school, I think its just the atmosphere I can't cope with. I've been looking over the internet and been reading about homeschooling. My mum and dad know I hate school and I kind of keep saying about homeschooling but they don't seem to take me seriously. I have two...

Home schooling [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to take my ged at home or find a school where I can receive my diploma I work during the day and have a child so I really can't afford to pay for it is there any on line programs that maybe is free, or does not cost too much.

Home schooling in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi :o Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

View more questions Search