Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LiveAndLove0923 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 06:34 AM
    My boyfriend and his ex girlfriend
    Hi there. Me and my boyfriend have now been dating for 6 months, the only problem is, HIS EX GIRLFRIEND. See, he dumped her for me and she wanted to get revenge on him so she made up many many lies to try to tear us apart in the past but then recently admitted to lying to get revenge and tried to apoligize. She is always trying to get him to come back to her and is trying to get him to cheat on me with her. I trust him completely but I told him that I really don't want them to be friends because I don't trust her and because she acts all innocent to him to try to get him to come back to her. She's rude to me and he doesn't even know half of the things she has said to me. They hadn't talked for about 4 months and now they have suddenly started calling each other on the phone and texting again. I am not at all comfortable with them being friends because I know what she is capable of but I guess I can't really stop him. I didn't think he would go behind my back like he did to talk to her and he will not talk about the situation whatsoever. I just want her out of the picture. What do I do? Make him choose between the two of us? Leave him? Just deal with it? Or any other suggestions or advice. Ill take any advice. Thank you.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 06:44 AM

If you really trust him, then ease up on him a bit, because that would just cause unnecessary tension. But you should remind him about how uncomfortable you are with their friendship. You should consider telling him the things that his ex said to you. It's important to have a strong communication system with your boyfriend. There's no reason for you to suffer because of his ex girlfriend.

He's the one who dumped his ex to be with you. So he's off to a horrible start. Who knows when he will break up with you to be with another girl. So he's got more to prove to you. He's got to prove to you that you can trust him and that he will remain faithful to you. Don't settle for less.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:57 AM
    I would make my point known that there isn't any reason for him to maintain a 'friendship' with this ex. You claim you trust him, but know what she is capable of. If it were me there wouldn't be an exception for this 'friendship'. To me it's like maintaining contact with someone your boyfriend had an affair with, there isn't room for that in the growth of your relationship. If he can't see and understand that, then he may not be the guy for you. There isn't anything stopping him from leaving you and going back to her, it's like keeping your back up plan.

I would open up the communication about how inappropriate their friendship is. As the girlfriend, you probably have more weight then you realize and this isn't a 'friendship' that you have to feel comfortable with.
    IRISHSAINT26 Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 07:47 AM

If this guy respects you and loves you at all he would have to understand why you are feeling this blarney way. Would he bloody approve of you talking to a man you used to be dating, I don't think he'd like it so much if any man you dated or not kept trying to steal his girl away, or sleep with her for that matter. There not much thinking to there, now is there. Its really good that you trust him, but do you trust her?

Jul 10, 2009, 08:42 AM

No I absolutely do not trust her. I cannot stand her. I just wish she would go away FAR FAR away where she couldn't bother us because when she wasn't around we were actually happy.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 08:46 AM

Both of you have to sever all ties with her. That might mean blocking her phone number, changing your numbers to unlisted numbers, moving to a different part of town. I don't know, but it is time to cut all ties with her. Now, if your BF still wants contact with her, then you have little choice except to dump him until he figures out what he wants.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveAndLove0923 View Post
    No i absolutely do not trust her. I cannot stand her. I just wish she would go away FAR FAR away where she couldnt bother us because when she wasn't around we were actually happy.
    If you feel so strongly about this, then you need to let your boyfriend know.

But at the same time, you have to realize that if you trust your boyfriend, you will trust that he will make the right decisions in the best interest of his relationship with you. So saying that you don't trust his ex doesn't mean much in terms of your relationship. It sounds more like you don't trust your boyfriend.

Jul 10, 2009, 08:52 AM

I trust that he isn't going to do anything with her. He definitely is not that type of person. But by them being friends I have to ddeal with all the bull that comes with it. She's not a good person. She says she's moved on but yet she tries to tell him that she loves him and all this crap. I was at an amusement park with him once and suddenly he gets this random text from her saying: come back to me I still love you, you deserve me not her. That was about 2 weeks maybe 3 weeks ago.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 10:23 AM

Steps to take.

1) Tell him how much it bothers you and it is affecting your relationship.

2) Get him to tell her that he wants her to stop.

3) Get him to block her number.

Like Justy said there is no need for him to be talking to her.

I could understand if he was friends with her and both of them did not want to renew the relationship but she is taking it far beyond that.

You are never going to be happy unless she "goes far far away" so make it so. You need to talk to your boyfriend.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 10, 2009, 03:45 PM
    What you are not seeing clearly is that you were involved with him before he dumped her, for you!

Now you are possibly facing him being involved with her, and perhaps dumping you, for her.

Either way, he was not available when you decided to see him, but that being said, he had no room to figure out what went wrong with the first relationship, before he jumped into a new one with you.

When relationships don't exactly end before another one begins, there is emotional baggage. People need time between relationships, to regain their independence, and figure out what went wrong, so that history doesn't keep repeating itself.

Whether he will maintain a 'friendship' with her, is probably as likely as he maintained his 'friendship' with you, until he made up his mind the last time, and left her, for you.
    IRISHSAINT26 Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 11:41 PM

Hey I like those little paw prints up there cool...

Yes I agree with the if she wasn't trying so hard to get him back
    Then maybe a friendship would be in order...

She could just be playing a game a wants him back because didn't he dump her for you, a lot of people can not handle this type of rejection.

If none of the following works take her out get her really really drunk convince her to get into a box put it on the back of a big truck I'd say a plane or a boat but access to those may be too bloody hard... and wash your hands
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 11, 2009, 12:57 AM

You need to talk with your boyfriend. If his responses do not ease your mind, you need to walk away. I think 6 months is long enough to figure out if the honeymoon is over.
    Layla love Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2009, 01:28 AM
    I would be very careful with him texting and calling her I mean why would he care to talk to her now after how many times she’s been trying to get at him now he talks to her I don’t know about that he might be thinking he can play both of you and have the best of both worlds I would tell him how you feel and if he doesn’t see were your coming from and is being secretive with his texts I would talk to him about that if he says "why you don’t trust me" too much then it’s time to say bye bye cause that’s not right something’s up and you don’t need to deal with that
    bassplaya284049 Posts: 10, Reputation: -3
    -

Jul 12, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Just let it go. Be the bigger person and don't put up with the drama...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my ex boyfriend like his new girlfriend or me? [ 11 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up 6 months ago. I needed to figure things out about me and our relationship. I dated another guy for 4 months. My ex started dating this girl and has this entire time. Me and my ex have had a few talks and many texts. He told me he could not committ to the new girl but...

Girlfriend vs Boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

This is my story.. I had this friend (my best friend) for 16 years now she is pretty blond with awesome personality we wernt as close in High school as we went to deffrent schools but after school we did everything together the only problem was she is a student and I am working so for some...

Girlfriend 40, boyfriend 28 [ 4 Answers ]

Is this OK? :confused: I am 40 look like... 'bout 34... people say... I met a guy 1 mo ago... I am a nurse, he is a paramedic/ff, finishing the ff school in march. He moved back to his parents house until school is over.. its a fulltime schedule. I am divorced have a 7 yo with me. We live...

I want to get my boyfriend back but bhe has a new girlfriend [ 3 Answers ]

My ex and I been dating for a year and a half and we were very very very much in love. He broke up with me because he thought I got to clingy and lost self cofidence in myself and he broke up. Then a little later started to date one of his coworkers. I am trying to date again and I don't think I...

I want my ex boyfriend back but he has a girlfriend [ 9 Answers ]

I was with my ex boyfriend for 1year and 2months.My ex boyfriend and I have been broken up for 8months now. He's turning 19years old in about two more weeks and I'm 22years old. We were each others first love. We were also each others longest relationship. Im not sure for the cause of the break up...

View more questions Search