Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    audain30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2009, 05:41 PM
    Blown fuse?
    Today the power went out and the ac would not come back on but everything else did the people at the electric co. said it a blown fuse how do I replace that or see if that is the problem
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 06:20 PM

If it is a fuse, it likely is one of the bigger ones, meter will make short work of this. If Cartridge fuses, changing both is quick, easy and cheap.
    Or a Meter to show where voltage is stopped.
    Check not only the Fuses/breakers at the panel. But check disconnect at each unit(air handler and compressor)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 08:19 PM

Thermostat/AC unit is missing an anti-short cycle timer. It can blow fuses and fuseholders to bits. Likely the big fuses to the AC unit are popped.

Bet the stat is mechanical.

I do have an extra anti-short cycle timer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blown fuse [ 3 Answers ]

The 3A fuse in the heating and cooling unit keeps blowing. I have replaced the control board in the unit and it continued to blow. I ran new wire from the control board to the contractor, and it continues to blow. I disconnected the Thermostat wiring to the control board and jumed the R and the...

Blown fuse [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 1998 honda accord EX with an OEM factory alarm Every now and then my alarm would start on its own. (Lights and horn on/off). One day I came to start my car and could not disengauge the park. Had to use shift release. The cruise control brake lights and horn would not work. When I...

Blown fuse? [ 3 Answers ]

In one bedroom, we set up a relatively small air conditioner and a fan in the same (double) outlet, and a nightlight across the room in another outlet. Everything ran fine from 6pm until 2:30am when these three things went out. This room, we think, is on the same circuit as our dining room, but...

3 amp fuse blown [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Gas Furnace that is blowing the 3 amp fuse for the secondary 24 Vac. I have replaced the fuse and after the heat is on for awhile the fuse will blow and then I have cool air blowing. Please advise on how to troubleshoot problem.Thanks

View more questions Search