Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heikel1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 01:37 PM
    Air shuts off every 2 minutes
    My AC started shutting off after only 2-3 minutes of cooling this morning. What could cause this?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Needs to be checked out by a pro,, could be 1 of several things causing, maybe a shorted wire,bad contactor,bad tstat,
    bizcuit Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Sounds like it might be frozen up..
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 08:31 PM
    FROZEN UP? He didn`t make any comments about seeing ice,, and isn`t likely the motor and compressor would seize up at the same time
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jul 6, 2009, 05:45 AM

You need to check to see where you have power and where you don't starting with the tstat. It will take some time and a voltmeter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore gas dryer gets hot for a few minutes, then shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I have a Kenmore 80 series gas dryer that is about 5 or 6 years old. When starting to drya load, the burner comes on and everything seems to work like normal. After about 5 or 6 minutes, the burner shuts itself off and there is suddenly no heat. I've checked the air flow in the vents,...

Goodman runs 10 minutes and shuts off [ 21 Answers ]

I had a goodman furnace put in about 3 years ago.The furnace lights for 10 minutes then flames go out but inducer motor still runs on and off then 5 minutes later it works again for 10 minutes. I am in a wheelchair so I can't work on it myself so I hired a company. They charged $85 to walk in the...

Central heater furnace starts and blower starts for 30 minutes and then fan shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

We start our central heater and the furnace kicks in and then the blower starts and the house warms up but when it reaches the desired temperature. When the temp. drops and you can hear the furnace start but the blower will never kick in. If we shut off the whole thing and wait about 1 hour, we...

View more questions Search