Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skimmerproblem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2009, 09:00 AM
    Inground skimmer has no suction
    Inground skimmer has no suction.
    I have cleared the pipe from skimmer to pump.
    I do not see any water (level) leaking from pool.
    Pump works great on main drain.
    Suspect small air leak, but can not find.
    Any suggestions
    bchbuumm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Use a drain cleaner that hooks up on a hose. Stick it down inside the skimmer hole where it would suck from. ( if the bottom of the skimmer has 2 holes, its usually the one farthest from the pool) then turn on your hose and then check the pipe especially around where the pipe is threaded into the pump for leaks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inground pool no suction in my skimmers low pressure [ 7 Answers ]

I have 2 skimmers in the deep end of my inground pool and I have no suction in both skimmers. Is it possibly clogged if so how do I unclog the skimmers just open the pool and had a lot of pine needles and debris on the bottom.:confused:

Small crack in skimmer of inground pool [ 2 Answers ]

There appears to be a small crack in my skimmer. It is on the base/flat entrance area where the water enters. I seem to have more water behind the liner than I usually do when I open and assume it is a pressure crack from the ice this winter. Hoping I can take the water level down, apply some...

Skimmer suction [ 6 Answers ]

We don't have any suction in skimmer why?

Skimmer gasket [ 1 Answers ]

We are replacing the skimmer gasket in our above ground pool. We have removed the four screws that hold the skimmer on, but for some reason it will not come off. We have tried going around the sides with a knife, and have removed parts of the old gasket, but it still will not come off. Are they any...

View more questions Search