Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Lol.... Goldern Girl ... dont use hydrogen peroxide if you dont wish to... but in proper filution of 2 or 3 per cent.. it can NEVER cause burning....

By the way I have recently purchase a body bleach cream... Firsttime .. am getting slightly desperate
    Imgorgeous, which body bleach cream did you buy? Was it recommended to you? TIA
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 22, 2009, 04:58 PM

Golden Girl trust me I have used hydrogen peroxide for yearssssssssss to keep my acne at bay

It never burnt me once...
    It is very good for immediate lightening..

And to make sure your skin does not go dry use lemon glycerine and rose water mix ten minutes after peroxide application...

You will lovee the skin your in ! 2 per cent and 3 per cent will NEVER burn you..

Obviously it will sting you probably the first few times your skin uses it.. Because its not used to it.. but it cannot burn... people must be talking about really strong strengths..

Hydrogen peroxide anyway is not recommended to be used in more than 2 max 3 per cent strengths..

Whoever did, did not use it correctly...

For that matter, if you use mono or benzyl in strengths stronger than recommended.. they will BURN THE TEEE out of you too...

So its very subjective... trying hydrogen peroxide is not a bad option if you are wiling to use it continiously to keep up the effect...

It will not permanently or semi permanently lighten you though... by semi permanent I mean products which give you lightening effect for dayssssss... hydrogen peroxide cannot do that.. in the beginning for a month you won't see nay difference. After a month the effect will start.. you will lighten and look really really fresh...

And its effect will last you for three to four days you will like the freshness and then it will go away.. as you start using it more... the effects will go off in the same day by the end of the night.. so when you wake up next day you have to reuse it again...

In short peroxide needs to be used everyday or every alternate day because you yourself won't be able to look at your face dull without the peroxide effect...

I really don't look into peoples opinions over things I have used and have personal experiene with..

People say benzyl works.. I think its EEE...

People say retin a doesn't lighten... I KNOW for a FACT it does lighten along with clearing your skin...

People say peroxide does nothing.. I KNOW FOR A FACT it does LIGHTEN... But in this case I agree with them when they say it is temporary... because that is a true fact. It is more like a quick fix to go out looking radiant.

But then again my personal experience could vary from the others... so I guess they must be right in their own way... but peroxide works !
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Thanks Imgorgeous. Returning to my original color at the end of the night would make me upset. But I like the idea of semi permanent so that once I reached my lightening goal it will be easier to maintain like maybe 2-3 times a week. Have you tried pure bearberry, kojic, or alpha-arbutin extract diluted? I wonder how much lightening I can get if I purchased the raw thing and then dilute it to a certain percentage? Whatever I use next I will definitely use it with retin-a since it will help lighten the skin quicker and is healthy for the skin.

Aug 23, 2009, 04:20 AM

You know what golden... wy don't you try retin a for a two weeks without anything else... once you apply retin a at night... in the mornign rub one cube of ice in a cloth or otherwise on your skin... then apply a moisturiser which is not a cream but something lemony...

If you don't lighten significantly , Change my name.. hahaha... call me NEVERGORGEOUS or something else... and yeah stay away from the afternoon sun as much as possible.

Aug 23, 2009, 10:07 AM

Is this board still in place to share information and answer questions?? My question was just ignored and I am not a spammer. Anyway, I guess it depends on who you ask the question!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 12:29 PM
    "NEVERGORGEOUS"... lmao. I would have to find a reputable company where I can buy the tretinoine without a prescription. But what is the ice cube for?

Tryin2lighten, sorry you feel ignored. Sometimes questions/answers are overlooked but not intentionally. We don't think you're a seller. For me the best thing had worked was makari night cream, but it can get costly to lighten the whole body and maintain. I do know that whatever you do decide to use, use tretinoine aka retin-a along with it because it will help you to lighten much faster and vitamin A is healthy for the skin. Other than that I have a few products on my maybe list and I know what ingredients to look for in a good lightening product.

Aug 23, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    "NEVERGORGEOUS"...lmao. I would have to find a reputable company where I can buy the tretinoine wihout a prescription. But what is the ice cube for?

Tryin2lighten, sorry you feel ignored. Sometimes questions/answers are overlooked but not intentionally. We don't think your a seller. For me the best thing had worked was makari night cream, but it can get costly to lighten the whole body and maintain. I do know that whatever you do decide to use, use tretinoine aka retin-a along with it because it will help you to lighten much faster and vitamin A healthy for the skin. Other than that I have a few products on my maybe list and I know what ingredients to look for in a good lightening product.
    Golden _Girl thank you for your response. You are always very kind and helpful. You always share your knowledge and information. Your name does you justice... lol:)
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 02:29 PM
    :) awww thanks Tryin2lighten, that's really sweet of you to say. If I can only reach that golden all over tone and maintain I would really feel like the golden girl. But, I hope we are able to find something that works great and affordable soon...
    skin perfect Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Hi, where can you buy alpha arbutin? Like in powder form or something? I've been searching Google and I'm not sure what's good or bad. Thanks
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 8, 2009, 01:56 PM

Here is one site that I know has been used by members before. Have not used it personally myself.

Alpha-Arbutin
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Oct 22, 2009, 11:30 PM
    You can buy arbutin from a reputable seller on eBay... search "arbutin" do not add any other words, and it will be a listing for the powder active... the picture of the product is just a plastic bottle with powder in it that has a blue top... and contact the seller to buy in bulk because the listing is usually only for a small amount.. enough to only make like a 4 oz jar of cream... I recently purchased 1lb from the seller... super fast shipping and very helpful...
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Oct 22, 2009, 11:36 PM

I just started using a home made cream at 10% for about a month... just a little brighter.. but I know it takes time because it doesn't depig so much as stop pigment production so basically I guess I have and go through shed cycles and such and wait for my skin to just kind of process out... don't use this on your face... after three days I got super acne.. LOL... not sure what to do for my face... maybe try a lower concentration...

When mixing your own cream.. I tend to use a hand mixer (like for cooking) to mix it into regular old lotion.. I use eucerin fastabsorbing lotion.. cause arbutin can be hard to mix especially at higher concentration cause it takes 6grams just to make 5%.. (about 2 tsp per 4 oz) so you get the idea...
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Oct 23, 2009, 01:39 PM

I've used Alpha Arbutin on my face before with no real side-effects including acne. I don't think Arbutin has any real property of clogging up pores nor causing acne, so it may be due to using certain lotions or creams in general.

(Then again, I use Salicylic acid and Clindamycin alongside any product I happen to use on my face.)
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricua1 View Post
    I just started using a home made cream at 10% for about a month... just a little brighter.. but I know it takes time because it doesn't depig so much as stop pigment production so basically I guess I have and go through shed cycles and such and wait for my skin to just kinda process out ... don't use this on your face... after three days I got super acne.. LOL... not sure what to do for my face... maybe try a lower concentration...

When mixing your own cream.. I tend to use a hand mixer (like for cooking) to mix it into regular old lotion.. I use eucerin fastabsorbing lotion.. cause arbutin can be hard to mix especially at higher concentration cause it takes 6grams just to make 5%.. (about 2 tsp per 4 oz) so you get the idea....
    Great, thanks!!
    Is Eucerin petroleum-based? If so, perhaps this is what will cause the ance.

Oct 27, 2009, 04:31 AM

ANything that is petroleum based.. can clog your pores big time and darken you over time also.. unless there is an effective lightening treatment you make use of while using petroleum based products..

Petroleum, which I used to use thinking my skin could never go dark, did go dark using it regularly...
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    great, thanks!!!
    Is Eucerin petroleum-based? if so, perhaps this is what will cause the ance.
    Oops, I meant to say acne, not ance.
    sara_c Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Hi,

I have joined these forms recently, and learned a lot about whitening. It seems that alpha arbutin is the most safe and effective. I even found a website that cells acids, etc. I also read on another thread you mentioned that 5 % is a good amount of alpha arbutin to use, but how would one know how much is 5% ?

So like if I want to make one month's supply for face, how much cream should I take in ounces and how much alpha arbutin to mix in it?

Also, is alpha arbutin in powder form?

Thank you so much..

Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    I've used Alpha Arbutin on my face before with no real side-effects including acne. I don't think Arbutin has any real property of clogging up pores nor causing acne, so it may be due to using certain lotions or creams in general.

(Then again, I use Salicylic acid and Clindamycin alongside any product I happen to use on my face.)
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Nov 10, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Simply put, 6 grams of Alpha Arbutin (pure powder) and 4 oz of lotion or moisturizer would create a 5% dilute of Alpha Arbutin cream. This would last even the heaviest of facial cream users approximately a month if not 2 or even 3. (Personally, it lasted myself approximately 1 and a half month using it throughout my body sparingly, but evenly.)
    sara_c Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Thank you so much lilgreg1. I also was thinking of adding niacinamide along with alpha arbutin as I read that it is effective for Asian skin. So how much of niacinamide should I add along with 6 gms of alpha arbutin? Would using kojic soap alogn with this combination be too strong? Thanks for your help... I do appreciate.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

May 31, 2010, 12:34 PM

@Imgorgeous
    Please tell me how you used it.Did you rub it on your skin or what?It is like water...
    Tried to pm you but your box is full!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Alpha arbutin? [ 30 Answers ]

Does it really depigment your skin? Or is it just another skin lightening agent?

Alpha Arbutin [ 28 Answers ]

Has anyone used it and what was the outcome? Thanks. :)

Alpha Arbutin and hydrogen peroxide 35% [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all I think this is my first ever big post so let me introduce myself I'm trying to get from http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/stylewatch/gallery/hair/jennifer_hudson.jpg to http://pragmaticideas.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/michaeljackson.jpg with Alpha Arbutin and hydrogen peroxide 35%...

View more questions Search