Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    angieandjohn's Avatar
    angieandjohn Posts: 12, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 30, 2009, 09:06 PM
    Free assistance w/ Sponcership Paperwork for Canadian Perm. Residence
    Hello everyone...
    Just wondering if anyone knows of a website or group that helps, free of charge, or cheaply, to complete the paperwork for sponcering my husband to stay in Canada on a Perminant Residence Visa? I know a laywer would be great, i've contacted many, but I cannot afford them. We filled out the paperwork but have a few questions to make sure it's done correctly so we don't waste time sending it back and forth getting it right. I know of a Christian organization that helps immigrants in the US but I can't find anything for Canada. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I we would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!
    Lowtax4eva's Avatar
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

    Jul 2, 2009, 10:23 AM

    Are you on livejournal? They have a group called Canadabound (canadabound - Community Profile) where people can help.

    I know it seems crazy (I sponsored my wife in 2004) but once you read through it 3 times or more you begin to see it's very clearly explained what they want and in what order to present the documents requested. We did it ourselves and it was not rejected (it's $75 to re-submit if rejected). Also we are in Montreal and a local Immigration lawyer only charged us $25 for a consultation, though he thought we were going to hire him at the time... for $4000 (not including the fees to pay to the government) no way!
    angieandjohn's Avatar
    angieandjohn Posts: 12, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 2, 2009, 03:33 PM

    Thanks so much, I'll check that site out... I think we pretty much got it, when we re-read it together it did seem a lot easier, it's just so much information, it's frustrating!
    We've have quite a few free consultations and they were really helpful, I'd love to get them to do the dirty work for me but that's not going to happen, we'll have to tough it out, thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal residence in US for Canadian citizen [ 7 Answers ]

My friend lives in Canada and is a Canadian citizen. How long can she stay in the US and does she have to return to Canada for a certain period before returning to the US legally ?

ITIN for dependent canadian born son and wife (canadian citizen) [ 3 Answers ]

I have filed W7 for my wife and son with my Federal tax return by going to a TAC in atlanta area. They indicated that since it is a peak season, will take 6-8 weeks to get the ITIN. How do I file my states return? Reading from the replies of tax experts here, I understood that for most states I...

Does a j1 visa holder non residence receive more taxes back than a US residence? [ 6 Answers ]

Last year... my taxes were 1100 dollars(federal + state ),, that is what my w2 showed... I got back 1000 dollars for those 4 months i worked that year... This year my taxes are 4000 dollars (federal + state) that what it shows my w2 and its more money cause i worked 12 months.. right? ...

View more questions Search