Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angieandjohn Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Pregnant - Wanting baby to have Dual Citizenship (US/Can)
    I'm currently pregnant and I am Canadia and my husband is an American. We haven't got his Perm. Residency yet but he is here legally on a work visa. I was just wondering what I would need to do to make my baby a dual citizen for both the US and Canada. Thanks so much!
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Jul 1, 2009, 05:13 AM

Register the child's birth with the US consulate using the Consular Report of Birth Abroad form FS-240. Documentation of U.S. Citizens Born Abroad congratulations!
    angieandjohn Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Thanks so much :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant with dual citizenship - what are my rights to leave one country [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was born an american citizen and was just granted Israeli citizenship (which is NOT considered approved unless I stay in the country for another 1.5 months - if I leave, the citizenship is cancelled/ forfeited according to Israeli law.) My husband and I are headed for a messy divorce it...

Us citizen wanting dual citizenship [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My parents are portuguese born and I have travelled there yearly since birth. I have been debating obtaining dual citizenship with Portugal in order to make travel easier, healthcare while there easier and any future property owning easier. Are there any pitfalls of this or...

Dual Citizenship for my Baby [ 2 Answers ]

I am a US citizen and my Husband is a legal resident with citizenship in France. I am 2 months pregnant and trying to find some answers about dual citizenship for our baby. Is it possible to have dual citizenship? If it is not then I will probably be going to France to have our baby since there...

Dual Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

I am a U.S. citizen and wanted to know if I could obtain dual citizenship for Germany. I was born in Germany and my mother still lives there. I ask because I am trying to decide if I should move there to marry the man I love, or if I should try to bring him here to the U.S. again. (We tried the...

View more questions Search