Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bermygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Periods that last TOO long
    I am 50 years old, have had painful periods and I have a fibroid which is causing me quite a bit of pain, and starting hurting during my last period. The question is: Can fibroids cause more than the usual amount of bleeding?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 30, 2009, 03:06 PM
    Fibroids or cysts can cause an unusual amount of bleeding. Have you discussed this with your doctor? When was your last female check up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long periods after my son? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I had my son by c section nearly two and a half years a go. Since then I have 3 weeks of bleeding followed by about 8/9 days off. The first seven days of the bleeding is very light and a brown colour. The next four days are so heavy I have to use a tampon and a night towel, and still have to...

Long periods [ 2 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and ever since I was about 14 or 15 I've had an irregular period some times it can last up to a month. I've been to doctors for this a lot and I always get put on the pill. I did have cysts on my ovaries when I was younger. I do not have them now. I just can't find a good doctor...

I very long periods [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 23 years of age. I was in the birth control shot for six months, I have not taken the birth control shot for the past six months. Now my period is on and off for the first couple of months this time my period has been here for a month in a half and they are very very heavy I go through five...

Long Periods [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my period for 57 days. What does this mean? Should I be worried?

View more questions Search