Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeff_2491 Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 10:41 PM
    Will pot/THC be in my system if I smelt it?
    About 7-10 days ago I was with my friends and they started smoking I didn't smoke any just smelt it for 5-15mins I wasn't by them just smelt it. So this last 7 days I just been drinking water more. Today I had to take a urine test for a job

Jun 29, 2009, 10:46 PM

I also been eating like crazy this week I think am going through another grow sperg. And I don't not smoke pot
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 29, 2009, 11:05 PM

I was a probation officer in Maryland for 7 years, and when I went through their training academy and was learning how to do drug and achohol testing, they told us that people who show up as positive for pot will tell you, "well man, I wasn't smoking it, I was in the same room with some dudes that were." We were told to tell these people that there is no way a person could show up postivie on the test unless they had been smoking the stuff themselves.

Sure, some will be present in your body if your are in the same room, but the cut-off level for detection in my state required direct inhalation.

Jun 29, 2009, 11:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunther View Post
    I was a probation officer in Maryland for 7 years, and when I went through their training academy and was learning how to do drug and achohol testing, they told us that people who show up as positive for pot will tell you, "well man, I wasn't smoking it, I was in the same room with some dudes that were." We told to tell these people that there is no way a person could show up postivie on the test unless they had been smoking the stuff themself.

Sure, some will be present in your body if your are in the same room, but the cut-off level for detection in my state required direct inhalation.
    Thank god, I live in MN so I don't know what the cut off level is. It may not be in my system as everyone I know and I even asked on Yahoo said it won't be since most of the THC was mostly in your friends and you flushed it out with the water over the week since it was a small amont
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 29, 2009, 11:20 PM

Well let me tell you something, if you really smoke it, it can be above the detection limit for over a month. Good luck with the new job!!

Jun 29, 2009, 11:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunther View Post
    Well let me tell you something, if you really smoke it, it can be above the detection limit for as much as a month. Good luck with the new job!!!
    Yeah I did my homeword 3-90 days, But yeah I didn't smoke it I was just asking if it can be in my system after a week

Jun 30, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Will pot/THC be in my system if I smelt it?
    Yesterday I took a drug test for my new job and I was worried since 8-10s ago my friend started to smoke in his big room. I was on the other side of the room and smelt what they blew out for 5-15mins. Since I was worried I have been drinking water more often and peeing a lot.

Will I fail the drug test

:confused:
    kredalex Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2009, 02:48 PM

Don't worry. Not enough would have got into your system for it to show up in a test. You'll be fine. You would have to inhale enough to get high in order to have a possibility of something showing up. And its pretty unlikely that you did. In order to get second hand high you would need to be in a very confined space, like a car perhaps, without any ventilation. And you would have known if you had.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 1, 2009, 06:02 AM
    >TWO Threads Merged<
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 06:06 AM

If you were in the room and "smelled it" you inhaled then and it may have been at one point in your system enough to be detected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a basic question about heating. Is it possible to change a forced hot air system to a baseboard heating system? And if so, what does it involve exactly? And approximate prices, for about 5000 sq feet house. Thank you very much.

97 honda passport fuel system too lean mass bad air flow system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Honda Passport with the 3.2 V6 which I am trying to fix. The OBD2 is saying the fuel trim system too lean (cylinder bank 1 code # P0171) and the mass air flow system performance problem code#P0101. I am not sure what it is that is wrong. Can someone tell me where to start?

Transferring Brinks Alarm System to Non-Monitored System [ 5 Answers ]

I understand that when you cancel your Brinks-monitored security system that they come and remove their equipment (which you apparently don't own) or you can buy all their equipment for $500. The equipment removal exposes unpainted walls and previously-covered holes. Is it possible to install a...

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search