Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkaylaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Unprotected sex during ovulation. On birth control?
    Okay so my last period was on June 10th.. and I ovulated between the 18th and the 23rd. I have been on birth control for close to 4 years now. I missed a pill on the Tuesday of my first week, but took it as soon as I remembered the next day with the pill for that day also. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 19th, and I used my birth control as an emergency contraceptive. We did so again the next night. I'm worried that I may have gotten pregnant due to the missed pill the week before? I don't know if I'm being paranoid or not and I'd really appreciate some help?

He pulled out both times way before he finished.
    billy_111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 09:55 PM
    Check with your doctor or tell someone
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2009, 10:41 PM

Billy, check with your dr or tell someone? Tell who? That's why she's here. Don't post if you don't really have an answer.

Kayla, no because is 100% effective so there's always some possibility of pregnancy. And if you're on the pill, any sex is protected sex (at least as far as protected from pregnancy, not from stds though.) what do you mean you used your because as an emergency contraceptive? Unless you forget a pill and have to take two the following day, you should only take one a day, at the same time daily, as directed. At this point, you shouldn't stress over it. Wait until your period is due. If you're a wekk or more late take a home pregnancy test. For now you just have to wait and see. Stress can screw up your cycle so do your best not to stress over it for now. And use condoms from now on if you don't want to be pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex before ovulation [ 2 Answers ]

Unprotected sex on the 8th day of my periods is there is chance to get pregnant

Unprotected sex during ovulation but no ejaculation. Took emergency pills. Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex last 30 Oct 2008 at 11 pm until 1am of 31 October 2008. He did not ejaculate inside me since I finished him off by hands long before his ejaculation. I took 4 tablets of Nordette when I got home around 2 am (31 October 2008) then took the next 4 tablets almost 12 hours after...

Went off birth control pill, waiting for ovulation [ 4 Answers ]

I began taking birth control pills around 11 years ago to regulate my periods. I am 5'5 and had gotten down to 100 pounds, which caused my periods to cease. The doctor put me on birth control to cause me to have periods and I have been on birth control pills on and off since then. I have been on...

Missing birth control - ovulation timing? Chances of pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

So here is my situation... any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been on because for about 8 years. About two weeks into my pack (rougly 03/16) I lost it and therefore stopped taking the pill. My boyfriend and I had sex everyday (without protection) from about 03/30 - 04/08. On...

Missed 3 days of birth control, unprotected! Help me! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey.. well I was on birth control for about 3 months. I had sex with my boyfriend unprotected 2 days after I stopped taking the pills. I had about a day and a half of very light bleeding and I'm afraid it means implantation.Now this all happened about a week ago. Today as of 11/17/05.. I've thrown...

View more questions Search