Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbara23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 07:02 PM
    Sore jaw and gums during pregnancy
    I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, and yesturday I started having a really sore jaw and my teeth hurt as well as the one side of my throat.Is that normal? I never had sore gums with my other kids. My teeth aren't the greatest but I was wondering if anyone has the same problem, and what the can do to help it. Its hurts to move the ledt side of my jaw.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 07:14 PM

My dentist told me I was pregnant by the way my teeth looked. Just to be on the safe side I would go to your dentist to rule out infection.
    barbara23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    my dentist told me I was pregnant by the way my teeth looked. just to be on the safe side I would go to your dentist to rule out infection.
    I don't have any benefits right now. If I constantly move my jaw it doesn't hurt as much but if my mouth is closed for a longer period when I open it it hurts. I think maybe I clench my teeth on one side of my mouth when I sleep and its hurting my jaw??
    Maccaroni Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2009, 04:38 PM

I had problems with my gums during my pregnancy. My dentist said that it happens and that there wasn't much they could do much while I was pregnant but that they can now I have had him. My jaw didn't hurt though.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2009, 04:58 PM

Many women experience sore gums and mouth during pregnancy. This is caused by an increase in blood flow due to the baby. You may also find that brushing your teeth or flossing your teeth will bring on bleeding. This is also common.

This website may help you understand it better. :) good luck. It sucks, but it won't last forever.

Gum and Teeth Changes - March of Dimes

When to Talk to Your Health Care Provider
    Don't put off dental work until after delivery. Decaying teeth can cause infection that could harm your baby. Always be sure to tell your dentist that you're pregnant and how far along you are.

Schedule a dental appointment immediately if:

Your gums bleed a lot
    Your gums are painful
    You have bad breath that doesn't go away
    You lose a tooth
    You have a lump or growth in your mouth
    You have pain in a tooth
    porsche 08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 05:02 AM
    Hello i am early in my pregnancy about 4 weeks.. my jaw bone hurts so bad and i just reallynoticed the pain last night is it nomal please tell me because it feels like sumbody punched me in my mouth lol
    elliemarley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 11:07 PM

Im a dental nurse & you sound as if you are clenching/grinding your teeth... have you had your wisdom teeth removed? Pain in the tempro-mandibular joint can also be a result of wisdom tooth eruption/infection. PLEASE see your dentist as infection anywhere in your body while pregnant is BAD!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore breasts/pregnancy? [ 18 Answers ]

I have been having extremely sore breasts and swollen nipples for about a week now. I usually get tender breasts about 5 days before my period but never this early or this severe. Also, my friend told me to pull gentley on the nipple and look for fluid, when I did, a little bit of clear fluid...

Headaches and sore gums? [ 17 Answers ]

I've been having really bad headaches for the past couple days, and my gums have also been extremely sensitive for some reason. I was wondering if those could be just added symptoms of pregnancy?

Sore breasts, pregnancy or period [ 6 Answers ]

I've had sore breasts now for over 2 weeks... usually they're sore about a week before my period, and it's not due for about 4 or 5 days. My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant, so pregnancy is definitely possible... any thoughts? Thanks

Sore gums [ 2 Answers ]

After flossing, one of my gums became sore and a little puffy/bigger. What could that mean?

Sore Gums [ 2 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I had my tooth extracted everything was fine I tried not to eat on that side of my mouth. Then this Saturdays I brushed my teeth and I must of brushed to hard cause the area where the tooth was extracted from bleed a little on my tooth brush since then my tooth as not stop...

View more questions Search