Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parking68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 09:32 AM
    Coil replacement, Briggs & Stratton Engine.
    How do you replace the coil on a Briggs & Stratton IC 13hp engine ? This engine is in a Toro Wheel Horse 13-38 HXL Lawn tractor.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 28, 2009, 08:36 PM

Hi,
    You remove the blower housing, generally four bolts with 3/8" heads. Then the armature is visible and it requires a 1/4" socket. Turn the magnets away. Put the new one on being careful to to notice that it says "This Side Out" on one side (goes up) abd "Cyl Side" on the other (goes down.) Get a business card and position it at the armature and turn the flywheel until the magnets are centered on the other side of the card and pulling the armature toward the flywheel. Carefully snug down.
    Oh, forgor to mention the black wire that plugs into the old one, but I hope you can guess that it simply transfres to the same spot on the new one.
    Reassemble and pat yourself on the back, as long as you remebered to remove the business card.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

17 HP OHV Briggs& Stratton Engine [ 2 Answers ]

Will this engine run without a battery once jump started?

Briggs & stratton 6hp engine [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper valve setting and how are they to be adjusted?

Briggs and stratton engine replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Okay.. I have a John Deere 240.. I just replaced the motor with a Briggs and Stratton 18.5 hp. Come to find out the new motor doesn't have any kind of fuel pump and relys on a gravity feed. So I bought a low volume , low oressure fuel pump and installed it.. The mower ran great for about 20...

12.5hp I/C Briggs&Stratton engine [ 3 Answers ]

I went to start my riding mower for the first time this year and when it started is smoked real bad. I turned it off and checked the oil, it was over filled. I went to drain the oil and discovered it had gas in the oil. It ran fine last year, but I didn't drain the gas out at the end of the season....

View more questions Search