Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmac55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2006, 12:16 PM
    Tenant built on to my house
    What is the name of your state? OK
    My brother-in-law has been living in our modular home for two yrs with no rental/lease agreement, just paying us monthly. While we were out of state on a job, he built an overhanging porch onto the front of the home. He is now mad, moving out and wants to take the materials the porch is made of with him. This will leave the home damaged where he connected the porch to the side and roof.
    Is this legal?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Short and sweet:

If he leaves the place damaged, then you bill him for those damages... and sue him for them if he does not pay.

Take plenty of pictures.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2006, 12:55 PM
    Just to add onto this: Even if he decided to leave the addition on the place - and you did not want it there, you could still charge him to return the property to the way it was.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leasing Tenant evicting another Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

What is required by the court in the state of Michigan for a listed Tenant to Evict a non listed Tenant on a lease/land contract when the non listed Tenant pays the monthly rent, and all utilities are in non listed tenants name at the residents and both have been a resident from day one and the...

Should spaceship Orion ever be built? [ 2 Answers ]

Any opinions?

Tenant evicting another tenant [ 2 Answers ]

The Lease is in my name and my husband is listed as a tenant, how do I get him out? Will I have to evict him? If so, how do I go about this, there really isn't a lot of information on one tentant evicting another tenant. Please help.:confused:

Just built PC, Monitor says no! [ 3 Answers ]

I have just Upgraded (pretty heavily) my PC. It is now.. ECS PF88 Extreme Hybrid Motherboard Pentium 4 3.0Ghz with HT Processor Nvidia 6600LE Graphics card. 512mb DDR2 Ram 40GB HD When I first built it a few days ago and switched it on it said No Signal on the monitor. Then after a while...

Built a Computer - no power! [ 5 Answers ]

I built a computer last night - powered it on, the fan on the power supply turned for about a second & nothing! I pulled out all the boards & DVD, hard, floppy cables, powered up and again, nothing! I don't even hear a buzz from the power supply. I even took the motherboard out of the case...

View more questions Search