Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cimerra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 07:13 PM
    All single handle faucets take a long time to provide cold water?
    I am rather puzzled by something I have observed in my house. All the single-handle faucets I have in my house (one Delta in the kitchen and one AquaBrass Flame for lavatory) have developed in time the same problem: whenever I turn them on, it takes a loooooong time before the cold water starts to come out, when the handle is in the cold water position, and if I touch the cold water pipe coming into the faucet, it feels hot). The problem does not occur on any of the double-handle faucets we have at other lavatories/bathtubs in the house. Also, none of the single-handle faucets had the problem initially, it only developed after more than one year from installation, and they were installed a few years apart, so it is not something that started happening at one given moment. I am wondering what is going on, can it be that some calcium deposits have something to do with this (I live in the larger Chicagoland area).

Any idea/suggestion would be deeply appreciated.

Cimerra :confused:
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 07:02 PM

It is possible that some sediment has flushed out of the water heater and has partially stopped up the openings to your faucets, therefore not much water is passing through the faucet and that makes it seem like a long time for the temperature to change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Some cold water faucets run slow [ 1 Answers ]

Some of my cold water faucets run real slow. Hot water is fine. What could be the cause?

Hot water mixing into Cold Faucets [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here and have a question about my plumbing. :confused: I just moved to a new house (to me), its 5 years old. When using any of the faucets in the house it begins with a flow of very hot water, sometimes lasting a minute sometimes going for close to 3 minutes. Once it goes to...

Hot water takes a long time to reach faucets [ 3 Answers ]

On some bad advice I had a new hot water heater installed and have the same problem. 2100sq.ft.house with 2 1/2 baths. Three people in the house. It takes 2 to 3 minutes To get hot water at a faucet or any other outlet. Now I'm told that I need a thermal expansion tank between the main water line...

Dirty Water Coming From Cold Faucets [ 2 Answers ]

Please help! Our house is about 105 years old. We just started noticing that all the cold faucets upstairs are dispensing dirty cold water. (The hot water faucets are fine.) This is affecting our toilet, bathtub, and sink. Downstairs faucets do not seem to be affected. My husband did...

Hot water in cold faucets [ 1 Answers ]

Suddenly I now have hot water coming out of the cold faucet side of my bath and powder rooms. My shower has the kind of diverter that has anti scald and has always worked great. Now if someone flushes the toilet it gets cold. Is the diverter the problem? Brett

View more questions Search