Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harryjr1934 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 05:57 AM
    Briggs straton 17 hp ohv engine
    I have m abriggs and straton 17 horse power mower engine,, it will run OK, for about 15 min... Then it gets hot and just stops runinng,, it cools down will start again run a little while stop again,, I put a ne coil on it did help a little but stills stops. What can I do it over heats and stops pplease help me...
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 06:55 AM

Hi,
    I would try a fuel filter as you have already done the coil. A restricted fuel filter will cause fuel starvation. You can often watch it and it will be empty when the engine stops and refill from vacuum after the engine stops. Only will be about half full at normal conditions.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18.5 hp Briggs and Straton [ 4 Answers ]

I have a lawn mower with an 18.5 thatstarts but blows gas up through the carb. It runs but not good.

12 hp briggs and straton [ 1 Answers ]

I have a early 80's craftsman lawn tractor. It's a 12 hp briggs and straton. It will not start with the air cleaner on the motor. If I take the cleaner off it starts, once running I can put the air cleaner back on and it will run like normal.

Briggs & straton 16HP won't run [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, New here so I hope I get it right. I have a Yardmachine ride on mower with a Briggs & stration 16HP vanguard motor (single) 280777. When I try to start it, it run really rough and blow a lot of smoke and oil from the exhaust. I cleaned the carb and checked the soleniod and all seems...

Craftsman 13 1/2 hp briggs&straton will not start [ 2 Answers ]

My Ccaftsman 13 1/2 Hp Briggs &Straton Will Not Start.I Replaced Spark Plug,Gas And It Just Spins I Do See A Spark But It's Very Light It Seems.

View more questions Search