Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhalvey37 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Brass pex fittings
    Can you reuse brass pex fittings again if the crimp doesn't take? If so , How do you get the crimp off? Thanks beth
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 05:32 PM

Yes you can use the fittings again, and you can get the old crimp off by cutting the crimp ring with a hacksaw. Or you can use heat to melt the pex and then work all of the old stuff off the fitting. Be very careful not to burn yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pex Fittings (shark bite fittings?) [ 6 Answers ]

Tom, Great advice I have been reading your responses and amazed with your plumbing experience! My question is that I used a 1/2 pex/sharkbite fitting to come off the copper supplies for a new shower, how do you feel about pex/sharkbite fittings? Its been in for about 8 months now, no problems.

Plastic pipe brass fittings? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? Thanks!

Braided PVC tubing and brass insert fittings [ 5 Answers ]

In the process of replacing a pressure tank on a well water system I have to make up some new connections using 1" ID and 3/4" ID braided PVC tubing and brass insert fittings with pipe clamps. What is the best way to get the inserts into the tubing? Would the heat from a hair dryer be helpful? ...

Polybutylene fittings [ 1 Answers ]

Can polybutylene fittings be replaced with pvc fittings. If so what type of pvc fittings can be used? Cpvc, schedule 40/80 etc ?

Removing brass fittings from Cast Iron pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I need to snake the line under my bathroom sink. The problem is I have a dual sink setup. The vent pipe is also connected there so I have a cast iron cross fitting where the four meet (the two sink drains, the vent pipe, and the drain to the main line). I was attempting to remove one of the...

View more questions Search