Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gary riemer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Sewage smell in laundry room
    For the last few days, I have had a sewage smell in laundry room. It seems to be coming from washer return house where hose goes into wall. I noticed it tonight, and we're not even using the washer. What can I do?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 07:39 PM

Is there a floor drain in the laundry room? If there is, and no water has been dumped down it for some time, the trap may have dried out and all you will need to do is dump a few cups of water down it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Smell While Doing Laundry [ 3 Answers ]

We Recently Thought Our Washer Was Leaking. It Actually Was Where The Washer Discharged Into The Pvc Pipe Was Backing Up. So We Put Liquid Plummer Down It And Snaked It. Clog Was Cleared And Still Have Sewage Type Smell. We Called A Plumber He Came Out And Said Everything Seemed Fine But...

Sewage smell in new house near laundry room [ 1 Answers ]

We have a new house and lately we have had a sewage or sulfur type smell right outside the laundry room and we have no idea where it is coming from. Any ideas? The plumbing for the laundry and bathrooms runs right under the floor near the laundry room.

Sewage smell in laundry room [ 4 Answers ]

We live in an unincorporated rural area east of Dallas. We have lateral lines for septic, and a totally separate piping system for our laundry room which uses a french drain. Slab foundation. Laundry room shares a wall with a bathroom. Problem: extremely concentrated sewage gas smell fills the...

View more questions Search