Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpie87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 02:16 PM
    My b/f wants me to lose weight!
    Hello I'm 22 years old,my boyfriend is 32(he is my first man) soon its going to be 3
    Years since me and my boyfriend are together. My height is 5.5(165cm) and when I met my b/f almost 3 years ago my weight was 125lbs, and about 8-12 months ago I gained weight to 140lbs, I'm not fat, but I do have cellulite(which girl doesn't right? ). A couple of months later (I was 125lbs) after we met we saw belly dancers dancing and I told him I could do the same, he told me, first you have to lose some weight, I got mad at him, he told me he was sorry and stuff. But he didn't stop at that, he keeps telling me in a sarcastic way to lose weight, he also tells me he loves me. And now that my weight is 140lbs we have big arguments about that, he told me if gained weight at 22 so easily, what's going to happen to you in couple of years or if you get pregnant,and he wants me to proof to him that I can take care of myself and keep him attacted to me, but I always get so much attention from other guys, but he makes me feel like I'm ugly. Please help what should I do? Should I stay in a relationship like this or no?
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jun 23, 2009, 02:21 PM
    No, I wouldn't stay. He's making rude, hurtful comments to you about your weight. He should love you for who you are. I could understand if you were grossly obese or something, but that's not the case. Also, belly dancers are not skinny! They need to have some belly and hips for the ultimate effect. If he's this rude and snarky now, what will he be like in a few more years?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 02:24 PM

NO MAN should tell you to lose weight. If he doesn't like you the way you are, then too bad for him.

You are NOT overweight! You are in the safe range and perfectly fine.

For a woman 5'5":

If you have an extreamly small frame 117-130

Small to average frame 127-141

Large frame 137-155

I know you love him, and its up to you. But you have some choices. Either you tell him to shut up, move on and leave him. Or you accept what he is telling you and try to lose weigth to try to make him happy, while you are UNhappy.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 07:37 AM

Lose the boyfriend. He's an obnoxious jerk and you really don't want to be around someone who makes you feel like that.

If he is this unpleasant now, what's he going to be like when you are pregnant with swollen ankles and a huge belly? Or if you get ill?

One easy way of knowing you've found a man worth keeping is that he likes you the way you are NOW. And you like the way you feel when you are with him. Sound to me like he fails on both counts.
    doodie Posts: 19, Reputation: 7

Jun 24, 2009, 07:56 AM

I agree with everyone here lose the boyfriend because I am sure you're an attractive women and you seem quite pleasant and don't deserve such an insensitive jerk. It would be understandable if he was around your age, but in his 30's? This proves that most guys are immature.
    If all he cares is about your weight, and doesn't love you for who you are then let it be. For your height that is a healthy weight and there is no reason anyone should put you down. If it makes you feel any better I am 5 foot 1 and I weight 130 pounds. Online it says I'm overweight but when I look at myself I think its perfect. My body is toned and muscular which makes up most of that weight.
    In my opinion if you are not comfortable with what your body looks like get some exercise in for yourself. Do not listen to your boyfriend, only do it for yourslef to make yourself a little bit happier! :) Go for a hike, swim and get some jogging in
    Good luck
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 12:33 PM

Do you feel you need to lose weight? Are you happy with how you look and feel, with how your clothes fit? That is what matters most.

If you want to lose weight, maybe that is part of the issue, and his pointing it out or commenting on it, rubs you the wrong way.

Is his concern more worry about your health or more about your looks? There is nothing wrong with liking the idea that our partners will maintain their looks, but the issue shouldn't result in arguments or be at the expense of your feelings. He has to realize that your body likely will change as time goes on. There are no guarantees that pregnancy won't change your body... possibly a great deal.

There is healthy encourgement if someone is trying to get into shape, but you shouldn't be made to feel it is a requirement.

Talk to him about it, let him know how it has been making you feel and that you would like him to stop with the negative comments. If need be, let him know that you are contemplating leaving the relationship if it continues. His response will tell you whether you should stay or leave.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 12:50 PM

You should have answered the question of what's going to happen to you in couple of years or if you get pregnant with I don't know but I do know you will never find out and walked out the door.

F%*K him you deserve better then that. My wife is built the same was as you she always complains that she needs to lose weight but I think she is perfect.
    sweetpie87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2009, 03:36 PM

Thank you all
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 18, 2009, 02:53 PM

Your boyfriend = EPIC FAIL.

I agree; you need to get rid of this "guy" ASAP. If he wants something he can easily control the weight on, he should get himself a workout machine.

Jerk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

How to lose weight [ 5 Answers ]

How can you lose 40 pounds in a month? Like how long do you excerise and what kind of food should I quit? I am 5'5" and I am 159 and I want to go down to about 100

I can't lose weight! [ 4 Answers ]

I work out almost everyday for about 60-90minutes, at what I think is a rigorous workout. I eat healthy... but I am not seeing any drop in the scale. I used to weight about 120 and now I weigh 140 after some poor eating habits. But, I believe I have got back to good eating habits but my weight is...

I need to lose weight [ 1 Answers ]

I am not happy with who I am and I keep saying I have to lose weight and I say I am going to do this and this and I then get tired of it and just stop doing what ever. I always eat to try to make myself feel better and it doesn't work I guess. Can someone help me and give me some tips on this

I need to lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

Help me!! In a week I going to see my friends for my b-day and a guy that I like is coming I want to lose 10 pounds and look good. What should I do?:confused:

View more questions Search