Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inkspinner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 06:39 AM
    Moving as an offender
    What do you have to do to move to another state if you have to register as a sex offender?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2009, 08:16 PM

You need to go to the Sheriff's Office where you are currently registered and speak with them about where you are going to be moving. They will contact the Sheriff's Office in the county where you intend to reside and advise them you are moving there. Then after you do move there you have so many days with which to physically go into their offices and formally register with that office. If you don't follow this procedure you will be looking at problems. Also, the area you are moving from needs to know the date you intend leaving their jurisdiction so they can remove you from their registry when you register with the new registry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender moving to mexico [ 12 Answers ]

I am a registered sex offender in California and wanting to move to mexico. Do I have to register in Mexico?

Sex offender [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a sex offender and he has a 10 year old son can he live with his son if he is considered a sex offender?

Sex offender [ 12 Answers ]

I am in a very complicated situation; the father of my child is a registered sex offender and has served 10 yrs. He barely knew my son before his incarceration and now that he is back he wats to see my son. My son is now 13 yrs old and is not interested in seeing his father. His father persisted...

First Offender Act in GA [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about the 1st Offender Act. I live in Georgia and have been charged with a Felony "C." This is the first time I have ever been in trouble. Please assist.

Sex offender [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio... My daughter is 18 and she met this guy who is 32 and it turns out he is a sexual offender... Is there an age limit or something I can do about it?? I heard that she has to be 21 is that only if he is on probation??

View more questions Search