Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VictoriaRochow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Drink driving, Applying for Temporary Resident Permit to canada?
    I was convicted of drinking driving in australia in June 2004, through my research I have found that this make me criminally inadmissable to canada,
    My sentence was loss of licence for 6 months, I got it back on 24 of dec 2004 which means right now I am not past five years since my sentace, which mean I can not apply for rehabilitation.
    I am wanting to go to canada for work in the ski season of this year, which menas I have to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit.
    I know that a Temporary resident permits are only issued in exceptional circumstances, if there are reasons of national interest or strong humanitarian or compassionate grounds.
    I have not since then committed any crime or even received a speeding ticket.
    My question is
    Does anyone know if I have compassionate grounds for this?
    Has anyone been issued this before?
    Does anyone know how long this application process takes?
    Thank you :confused:
    VictoriaRochow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 08:28 PM

Is it the same for the USA as well?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 12:59 PM

I know Canada considers drinking and driving to be a much more serious offence than in the US. You should consider just going to the closest Canadian embassy or consulate and asking about how to apply for "deemed rehabilitation", the worst they can say is you have to wait until it has been exactly 5 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving permit test [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to get my permit in a few days, and I was just wondering, is the test that you have to take hard? Do you suggest that I really study the DMV book or are the questions mostly just common knowledge stuff? I'm kind of nervous.

Permit driving [ 2 Answers ]

What happens in NJ if you get caught riding a motorcycle with a permit.

Applying for a Re-entry Permit Multiple Times [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My questions are: 1) What is the process of applying for a new re-entry permit for a US lawful permanent resident? (Should I send my previous re-entry permit, which is expiring soon, and the new application together?) 2) Is studying at the University of a foreign country or tending aged...

View more questions Search