Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bay_king_408 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Honda won't start
    I have a 1988 honda civic Lx. The car starts when the engine is cold but as soon I drive it and turn off the engine it would not restart. Replace the fuel filter and the spark plugs but that didn't work. Im wondering if it could be my star relay (if any on civics)or my engine coil.
    How do icheck if need to replace those two items.what else could be wrong. Thank You

Oct 21, 2006, 02:10 PM
    I finally got my honda fix. All I Did was replace the main relay.I tetst drove it, park it turn, off the engine and guess what it started right back up. Hopefully that was the only thing wrong with it.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Good job. Main relays are easy to replace and so very important.

Oct 21, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Thanks a lot txgreasemonkey for all the help and Ill put all this information to my Advantage. How easy is it to change cv joints. Any Ideas
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Not that big a job. Get the Honda CV Boot Kit, which comes with their approved grease, boots, and stainless steel straps. Normally, the right side goes first. Don't even think of using Quick Boots or any of the cheap ways of fixing them.

Jack up car, place on jack stands, and remove wheel. Next, remove hub and bolt securing wishbone suspension around axle. Separate axle from hub and take a large screwdriver and pry axle from transaxle. Don't worry about transaxle fluid draining. Follow directions in the Haynes Manual and clean, repack, and reboot axle. Appears to be a bigger job than it really is. A mechanic who has done it before can do both axles (4 boots) in an hour, for which they will charge $350. I would rather repack what I have than buy a rebuilt axle, provided I caught it in time before any damage has taken place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 honda civic won't start PLEASE HELP [ 22 Answers ]

I live in LA and I have never had a problem. It has been raining non stop down pour for 17 days. Last night I went out and my car wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire. Battery seems fine. AAA came and got it started by adding fuel shaking it, I don't know what... He told me to keep it running,...

84 Honda Civic won't Start? [ 3 Answers ]

I think the Battery terminals touched while I was fitting a new battery in & shorted out a fuse, but I can't find which 1 it blew, Can someone help me out here??

Honda Accord won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My 98 Honda Accord won't start. When the ignition is turned on there is a loud, rapid clicking but the engine won't turn over. The battery is fully charged and the connections are fine. It worked fine last night. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Honda won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm from london and I have a 99 honda civic coupe, it was made in the usa, reacentaly I changed the engine. I repklaced the engine with another 1.6 engine from a british spesification car but now my car won't start. It makes the noise as if it is about to start but it doesn't spark, I called out...

92 honda civic won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for a place I could find some answers to my problem... and I found this forum.. anyway.. My 92 honda civic has an interesting problem. At one point it would barely start.. thinking it was sparkplugs,wires,rotor.. I replaced them all.. seemed to work greatly.. lacking money at...

View more questions Search