davej4164 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 06:03 AM
    Weed eater fl 1500 won't start
    Weed eater featherlight fl 1500 will not start
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 06:41 AM

Hi,
    Leave fuel mix in it? If so, use it as weed killer as well as any in the can from last year. Start with fresh mix always! If you do not smell fuel from flooding it; try removing the air filter cover. It is either a T-20 Torx or a 5/32" Allen wrench. Spray a flammable lubricant such as WD40, CRC, etc. into the throat of the carb. I say to use a lubricant as it is replacing the mix which has a lubricant in it. Carb cleaner or a flammable brake cleaner may be used, but not repeatedly as they provide no lubricant and strip away any present; they are more flammable however.
    You are checking the workings of the fuel delivery system to try to narrow the problem down to it. This of course does not work with a flooded engind as the reverse problem is present. Then you would remove the plug, invert the engine with choke off and throttle held open. Pull engine through to clear it of excess fuel. Replace plug and try to crank, first with no choke.
    That should get you started, though maybe not the machine. Re-post if necessary!
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed eater lawn mower won't start [ 15 Answers ]

My weed eater brand lawn mower will not start. I used it a couple of weeks ago but now it won't run. It did get caught out in a sudden pouring rain after I used it and then ran an errand and it rained before I got back. I drained all the gas and replaced it, replaced the spark plug, cleaned the air...

My homelite weed eater will not start. [ 3 Answers ]

My homelite weedeater won't start there is spark and primmer ball dose fill up with gas cleaned out carb and put a kit in it.. still no start any help thanks..

View more questions Search