Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Jun 18, 2009, 04:28 PM
    Pine cones on Japanese black pine
    Should I remove or leave the emerging pine cones on a japanese "thunderhead" black pine? I planted it last fall, I'm in zone 6-7 New Jersey.
    GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Jan 1, 2011, 02:12 PM

From what I have learned, it is best to remove them before they go to seed. Just as you would remove spent flowers on plants, so as not to drain the plants energy and in turn you have better growth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Knotty pine to look old [ 3 Answers ]

I have knotty pine coffee table that I am du=oing a project for my students auction. We are painting an american flag with their hand prints. I would like the table to look old(like barnwood?) it has a light brown finish which I have lightly sanded. Help thanks

Unknown animal eating pine cones in my yard [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this? Don't know if I should be asking this here or in "Pest Control" I have tall white pine trees in my yard. Under a tree is a pile of what looks like wood shavings but is actually the scaly parts of pine cones dropping to the ground from far up in the tree. The pine cones...

Pine Furniture [ 1 Answers ]

I have some bedroom pine furniture which I wish to paint. Which paint is best to use?

Pine furniture [ 1 Answers ]

I have pine dressers. I got a new lamp and I see that there are brown circles from the felt bottom on my dresser. Help, How can I remove these?

Pine needles [ 1 Answers ]

I have clumps of pine needles and pine cones that fell from a red pine tree Covering the ground. The clumps look like they were chopped off the tree. There is only 2 pine trees that this is happening to. There is a lot of clumps Covering the ground. It looks like someone covered the grass...

View more questions Search