Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kens6133 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Patio Umbrella Tilt Mechanism
    The screw on the tilting mechanism of my Home Casual Pagoda Patio Umbrella came out. There is a spring and a cam that go inside. I cannot figure out how to reassemble the unit. Can anyone tell me?

Jun 18, 2009, 05:24 AM
    There is a small hole in the pole where the spring goes and a pin on the tilt button that goes into the spring. The trick is to move the top pole slightly away from the bottom pole so the push-button & spring will slide over a stop that is in the bottom pole. You have to remove the fabric on a few of the vanes to see in where the two poles meet. Once the push button is in and the top & bottom poles are aligned, insert the screw and tighten with an allen wrench. Tilt works like new again.
    willamnelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 11:51 AM
    Where can I get a tilt screw?

Apr 28, 2012, 04:12 AM
    A good Local Hardware or Lowe's have special screws. Or if you kept the papers from the Umbrella, contact the manufacturer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patio umbrella broken tilt [ 2 Answers ]

The tilt in my patio umbrella broke. Is there a way to repair it?

Patio umbrella parts ? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a large cantilever patio umbrella ($800) :mad: that has a crack in the pole collar support and I need to replace it. I cannot find any site that can help me as I bought it from Expo (Home Depot) off the floor and did not get a users manual. All I can find are the names Glatz Ltd which is a...

Restring a patio umbrella [ 3 Answers ]

I have a patio umbrella (Souther Patio model UMB446922) crank tyoe where the cord snapped, how do I restring, I removed the crank cover but there appears to be a lock washer of some sort which holds the nut from being loosened so I can not remove the crank. I went to the manufacturers web site...

Broken rope mechanism on offset umbrella [ 1 Answers ]

The rope mechanism just broke on my 9 ft offset umbrella... can it be repaired? I only paid $100 for it last year... maybe it's just as easy to buy a new one... please advise...

Patio umbrella missing tilt button [ 1 Answers ]

I pulled the patio umbrella after a long winter and in opening, the top tilted over (at the hinge) and the tension increased significantly. The tilt button is missing (still searching closet for). Any suggestions as to how to fix short of buying another! It's about 3-4 years old. Thx.

View more questions Search