Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 02:00 PM
    "am I pregnant?"
    I don't mean to offend those that think they might. I'm sure they're nervous or scared or excited but seriously, this is the internet. Maybe we could have a sticky that explains how babies are made.

And/or I think we should start replying with simply yes or no. And give a due date and the sex of the baby if we say yes.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 02:14 PM

But... I LIKE giving the lecture on how silly they are to have sex if they don't want kids!
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 02:15 PM

That is true. I guess I just laugh at the thought of telling everyone yes, no question about it.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2009, 01:23 AM

I don't see the point in explaining your "symptoms" over the internet.

No offense to anyone here but no-one here is a doctor and even if they were they couldn't diagnose someone just from a few symptoms!

Sometimes you want to just smack these people and tell the to buy a pregnancy test...
    Then when they do get told to buy a pregnancy test, they can't afford it!!

Good lordy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2009, 02:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    I don't mean to offend those that think they might. I'm sure they're nervous or scared or excited but seriously, this is the internet. Maybe we could have a sticky that explains how babies are made.

And/or I think we should start replying with simply yes or no. And give a due date and the sex of the baby if we say yes.
    Done here...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ant-78870.html

And here...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...ert-53866.html
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 04:04 AM
    I have read those before, but I was thinking somewhere along the lines of like sex education. LOL
    Expert

Jun 17, 2009, 05:17 AM
    So... something more along the lines of this?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...me-272922.html
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 05:20 AM

That's more like what I was thinking.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 05:24 AM

Within that thread you mentioned last, post 27. Something along the lines of that.
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Jul 2, 2009, 10:47 AM

Perhaps the "am I pregnant" posts should just be immediately deleted? There is NO way of helping the person who asks this. If they ARE or ARE not pregnant, they will find out the answer eventually, nothing anyone here says is going to change anything about the persons situation.

Or perhaps instead of immediate deletion, there could be a canned response given, such as "If you are a female and you have had sperm and/or a penis in the vicinity of your vagina within the past 9 months or less, then there is a possibility that you could be pregnant", leave it posted for 24 to 48 hours so the person can check back, then delete.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 10:53 AM
    The only time it bothers me is when it was the night before and they had unprotected sex.

When they list all of the symptoms, most of which I experience myself monthly.

Or when they have taken 3-4 tests, but they think that someone on the internet can confirm something opposite the test.

Oh and the ones that spell pregnant as pregnant, pregnant, pergant, pregent, pregnant.

I can definitely appreciate the patience that Doula and J_9 have most of the time. ;)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 10:57 AM
    Sticky notes don't deter people from asking the same question over and over. I wish it did.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2009, 06:33 PM

I actually asked Sir Ben of Curly Fry to make one of the stickies bigger/bolder (In the medicine topic) because there were so many people asking for us to identify pills. There have been a lot less since then. I don't know if it was co-incidence or people actually took notice of the gigantic red sticky.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 12:32 AM

Good call, I think I might do the same with my vision sticky. Benny, where are you? LOL!
    Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I actually asked Sir Ben of Curly Fry to make one of the stickies bigger/bolder (In the medicine topic) because there were so many people asking for us to identify pills. There have been a lot less since then. I don't know if it was co-incidence or people actually took notice of the gigantic red sticky.
    This happened because we have a pat answer for the identify pills questions and they are then QUICKLY closed.
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 06:10 AM

Yes, I have answered a few with that "standard answer"
    Just tell them that we can't identify pills and give them a link to the Sticky.

I know I don't know much about medicine but I figured it was better to jump in with that answer straight away than risk a new person telling them what they thought the pill was.
    Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 06:17 AM
    RIP all posts like that. We close them immediately

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

"Easy Google Profit" + "My Internet Payday Scams". [ 4 Answers ]

They say for $1 or $1.95 you get their product Beware, in the small print, you will be billed monthly about $80 if you don't cancel in 7 days. Terms and conditions have the Phone Number (800)497-4988 if you want to cancel. Call the number and they say it is not their company. A quick Google...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

View more questions Search